Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GIANT VIP tickets, worth it?

ringofire

the VIP tickets for past events are a joke. As the night progresses, the "VIP" areaa became free for all. And I doubt the complementary champagne justify the hefty fee. This year though, Giant has reserved the spining restaurant as the VIP area. This probably allow for tigher security check. Then again there is plenty of music and dance floor for regular ticket admission. So read the fine prints then decide. Either way, by going with Giant I don't think you'll go wrong. Werrrrd :cool:

not worth it ... refer to our picks in the thread below.

Any questions, post back. To the countless people who are emailing us from all over the place about NYE parties, sorry if we are slow getting back to you. Our email servers are hitting full capacity 24/7. (exhausted here).

LALate - your NYE LA headquarters :kiss2:

Please.. don't waste your cash. GIANT NYE sucked so bad that VIPS got shafted the most. I'm so pissed off that I'm not beyond saying that this will be the LAST Giant party I'll ever waste my cash on, regardless of WHO is spinning.

I felt sad for the poor VIPS who paid $150 and got to ride up the elevator to an empty VIP room with no DJ. Well, you did get to do the pool ($10) the next day. Big deal.

I attended the Giant Venture New Years Eve party at the Bonaventure two days ago, and I am incredibly disappointed. I purchased a $160 ticket online for VIP access. Other parties/clubs in Hollywood, which I should have attended, charged less and offered an open bar all night. Information was difficult to obtain on this event, so I made an assumption that the hyped up price would offer several benefits beyond the general admission.

I arrived at the Westin at 8pm, as instructed, and was surprised that I had to wait in a 45 minute line with everyone else that paid less than half of my VIP ticket. But I was certain that it would be better when I entered. Finally, I got in and began asking everyone who worked there what the special red wristband would allow me to get. No one knew anything. Even the bartenders, security personelle, and ticket takers were clueless. I hit up the bar and was surprised when I still had to wait in a very long line AND pay the same price as everyone else for a drink. So why did I pay so much for this VIP ticket?

Soon, I came across the elevators and the large bouncer saw my red wristband and shuffled me in saying it meant I could go to the VIP lounge on the 35th floor. Finally, I could reap the benefits of my VIP ticket. When I arrived to the empty rooftop lounge with my friends, we were seated in a secluded booth and ordered even more expensive drinks. We came back 3 more times throughout that night and were surprised to find that the VIP lounge upstairs was empty the entire night.

Since no one was up there, we left and went down to where everyone was dancing. I hit up a crowd of people trying to get through metal detectors. There wasn't a line, but instead, it was a sweaty pack of a hundred people pushing and shoving to get through. At one point, I was pushed down by a man and I was almost trampled. After over 30 minutes, I got through the metal detector, which I then discovered had been turned off because it had been taking too long to put everyone through. I later overheard a group of "thuggish" guys bragging that they got their "pieces" through security. I feared for my safety. The dancefloor was less than half full, and this scene was identical on each dance floor level. The repetiton of "waiting to be disappointed" on each floor became the most sobering agent of the night.

Overall, the experience was only salvaged by the nice group of friends I was with. Otherwise, I found the evening to be the worst New Years Eve of my life. I paid an extra "VIP" price and got nothing in return except long lines, an unorganized and rude event staff, a dangerous environment where I was almost trampled, and overpriced drinks (even for LA) that sucked over $300 out of my pocket alone. So overall, I spent almost $500 by the end of the short night, and I definitely felt the void in my pocket book.

I will NEVER attend another Giant event, and I have already passed on this info to the over 500 friends/contacts on my email lists.