Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>MY AUNT went to AVALON Last night....

:woah::shaky::laugh2:

She just called me and I asked her, so what did you do for NYE?

And she was like I went to this club called "AVALON" and then she said, "wow! you have to see this club....a very famous dj was there and it was packed, you have to go!" (now picture this being said by an older woman with a VERY heavy greek accent.....VERY FUNNY!)

I was like, "hahahahaha.....I work there, have a gueslist there and I go there every Friday"

She was really, "REALLY!!!! We have to go together one Friday!"

....then she told me SOMETHING SOOO BAD....she said as she was waiting in line they pullled a guy out on a stretcher covered in a plastic bag up to his neck....and a towel shoved in his mouth... :eek: she asked the bouncer what happend and if he was going to make it....he said, "he had heart failure, and I dont think he's making it" :(:(:( How HORRIBLE is that!!!!!

----Does anyone know if this guy is OK, and what happend?

when I arrived just past midnight it was pretty frightful already. There was two people lying down on the sidewalk either passed out or worse and another person was asking what the closest hospital was. Then inside the coat check was a nightmare with extreme messiness it seemed and yet another girl being held up by her friends.

Luckily these were the only very in-your-face incidents of pushing the limits that I viewed personally for the remainder of the night. The pushing and rudeness on the dancefloor dampened my mood initially until my friends and I claimed a spot along the railing on the 2nd floor and from then on...the music that Sasha was throwing out was pure bliss. I'm sure he looked out at some of the craziness and thought "this is my audience tonight?" but props to him for getting completely lost in the music and turning the entire club out. Those there for the music balanced out the addt'l crowd/tourists which only come out for NYE just to be at a club no matter who the dj is.

Now if only we could have Diggers & Sasha back in the city with a residency. Heard rumors of Crobar Fridays, but wondering if that's a good thing considering how crappy the club is with some aspects of treating customers with respect already.

Anyways...great set to start 2004!!! Sound was pretty decent too and the lighting guy really was working hard too. Now as for coat check...errrrrr ha ha

i wasnt there last night but it was my 2nd choice. I was at ARC last night.

I think if they got a residency at Crobar on Fridays it wouldnt matter. I would sit online to see them every friday. It would be great to have such talent back in the area.

billy