Clubplanet Nightlife Community

using the trains in italy

when you get there will be fine, just go to the station and buy all the tickets at once, be sure to reserve seats on the eurostar(fast trains) or take the cheaper local trains which make more stops. The eurostar is really fast and about 30 or 40 us dollars, but you must buy the ticks at least a day earlier.

Originally posted by juliet21

thank you is it better to get the ticket when i get to italy

or should i buy it in advance

make sure- after you purchase your ticket- go to a machine clise by and validate it( stamp it in the machine)

Originally posted by juliet21

i am going to italy in april

i am staying in rome for 4 days

i wanted to try to take a train to florence or to venice

i wanted to know if this was possible and how much it cost and how long the train ride is

THIS IS NYC

Originally posted by bullseye

i did the eurorail from paris to rome, with stops in barcelona, venice, florence, then over to sardinia, then back to rome in 2000. youll have a blast.

I took the eurorail this past summer from Amsterdam to Germany to Spain ---- we traveled thru Switzerland, Italy, France...

One trip was like about 2 days....and we had a MILLION STOPS!!!! except when we were on the overnight trains BUT you have to share a sleeper-Cart with another 3 people.... :blank: not cool at all.... :blank:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

I took the eurorail this past summer from Amsterdam to Germany to Spain ---- we traveled thru Switzerland, Italy, France...

One trip was like about 2 days....and we had a MILLION STOPS!!!! except when we were on the overnight trains BUT you have to share a sleeper-Cart with another 3 people.... :blank: not cool at all.... :blank:

so not cool

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

yeah, but before we left barcelona for milan, about a 14 hour train ride overnight, we had our reservations changed so the three of us could sleep in our own sleeper cabin. i think we just got lucky. im not sayin the train rides were great, being in europe was great.:)

Originally posted by bullseye

yeah, but before we left barcelona for milan, about a 14 hour train ride overnight, we had our reservations changed so the three of us could sleep in our own sleeper cabin. i think we just got lucky. im not sayin the train rides were great, being in europe was great.:)

yes...being in europe is definetly great, thats why I spend every summer there ;)

the trains wouldnt be sooooo bad if they were always on time...

there were times where our train was an hour late and we missed our connection...so WE had to wait 16 hours for the next train.... :mad: and having a lot of luggage doesnt help either....

:blank: :blank: :blank:

oh well.....I'll be doing it again this summer ;)