Clubplanet Nightlife Community

out with 2003 in with 2004 my 2 cents ant nero

2003 was 1 for the record books. With the NYC club scene in shambles thank god the masses spoke and its coming back around again. no we wont have the days of tunnel, limelight twilo palladium nasa.ect.. but 2004 seems promising already so far.

for those of u who dont know i started a weekly on line radio show with www.downshift********** on Friday nights @ 6"nerotic radio show" for those of u who hadn't known last month my booking agent passed away. i miss her much but i am not gonna stop spinnin, or working with the scene. i haven't been djing much around NJ or NY because its far more easier and better pay to do out of state work. it seems to me NJ and NY has taken to these dime a dozen cd mp3 www. DJs who spin for $50. HEY PROMOTERS this is a joke, they might bring some music n some good tracks at that. what they dont bring is vibe, energy, soul, or give a solid backbone to the night and venue. Or take the flip side of that, European DJ's have long been flooding the NYC market which isn't very big to begin with. YOU forget about your local kids, the kids who make NYC nightlife what it is not jus an accent and a passport. Dont take me wrong these guts r great, but for every 1 pvd there is 50 kids trapped in his bassment who would surprise van dyk himself.

All im sayin is we are starting to take steps into the right direction at the end of 2003, lets make sure it lets well into the new year and not forget the plot in the meantime which is "the music , people, style, to make some1's special, not jus another night out on 5 pills.

To conclude every1 have a happy healthy n safe new year, keep educating ourselves in club 101.

and for those who can help out with a new agent/promoter drop me an e mail, ive been doing my own bookings for the past few months and id love to be back were i belong NJ/NY

thanks again

Anthony Nero

anero9dj@aol.com

www.downshift********** Fri-6

Originally posted by anthonyn

2003 was 1 for the record books. With the NYC club scene in shambles thank god the masses spoke and its coming back around again. no we wont have the days of tunnel, limelight twilo palladium nasa.ect.. but 2004 seems promising already so far.

for those of u who dont know i started a weekly on line radio show with www.downshift********** on Friday nights @ 6"nerotic radio show" for those of u who hadn't known last month my booking agent passed away. i miss her much but i am not gonna stop spinnin, or working with the scene. i haven't been djing much around NJ or NY because its far more easier and better pay to do out of state work. it seems to me NJ and NY has taken to these dime a dozen cd mp3 www. DJs who spin for $50. HEY PROMOTERS this is a joke, they might bring some music n some good tracks at that. what they dont bring is vibe, energy, soul, or give a solid backbone to the night and venue. Or take the flip side of that, European DJ's have long been flooding the NYC market which isn't very big to begin with. YOU forget about your local kids, the kids who make NYC nightlife what it is not jus an accent and a passport. Dont take me wrong these guts r great, but for every 1 pvd there is 50 kids trapped in his bassment who would surprise van dyk himself.

All im sayin is we are starting to take steps into the right direction at the end of 2003, lets make sure it lets well into the new year and not forget the plot in the meantime which is "the music , people, style, to make some1's special, not jus another night out on 5 pills.

To conclude every1 have a happy healthy n safe new year, keep educating ourselves in club 101.

and for those who can help out with a new agent/promoter drop me an e mail, ive been doing my own bookings for the past few months and id love to be back were i belong NJ/NY

thanks again

Anthony Nero

anero9dj@aol.com

www.downshift********** Fri-6

www dj's?

djs that r dime a dozen and havent worked there way from bottom up, ect.....a kid who jus downloaded shit bought a cd mixer and now call them selves DJ,s think about how many diff ways it wakes from the industry

Anthony we've met before but I really think your post is arrogant and selfish...i tried not to comment so i wouldnt start drama but you've got to be kidding me.

#1 You cant criticize a dj for the amount of money he makes...If a $50 DJ took a gig away from you what does that tell you??

I know most DJ's that do this for the love of music and making other people happy that enjoy music...wasnt that the initial case of getting started in this??

#2 So if someone downloads music and uses a laptop or cd's he cant be a good dj??

thats what Im getting at from your comment. Granted a lot of people dont use vinyl anymore but you see more and more dj's makin the switch. I see no prob with this.

#3 your comment "HEY PROMOTERS this is a joke, they might bring some music n some good tracks at that. what they dont bring is vibe, energy, soul, or give a solid backbone to the night and venue."

then later you talk about the kids trapped inthe basement waiting to break out...this is the kid in the basement that starts off at $50 a night.

You contradicted your own statement.

I just felt i had to add my 2 cents here.

Again Im not trying to start Drama.

know most DJ's that do this for the love of music and making other people happy that enjoy music...wasnt that the initial case of getting started in this??

#2 So if someone downloads music and uses a laptop or cd's he cant be a good dj??

thats what Im getting at from your comment. Granted a lot of people dont use vinyl anymore but you see more and more dj's makin the switch. I see no prob with this

are u kidding me talk about contradiction, i gave so many dj's chances to get there foot in the door. these kids trapped in the bassment ive tried helping, i tried at the scratch academy, letting them open where ever i could... what have u done to help this scene. ask the cats who know on the board i get more e mails n im's from kids about advise and ive yet to knock or shoot them down. i love this scene its been a part of me since i first worked in a nightclub in 96=97 @ tunnel where i had to pay to spin in the bassment of tunnel at 5 am.... and i was thrilled. i think i still havent finished payin my dues and still have along way to go.

as far as cds yes i use about 3 % in my set but i dont rob the artist i go n support them by buyin there records or e maillin them my tracks and askin for there's

as far as mp3 and love for the scene well got news for u the djs n producers u love n support u robbing blind.

u know i appreciate ur 2 cents n ur opinion but ur gonna tell me im all wrong. n in what part of this post is arrogant and selfish

the only part i talk about myself is the radio show. n the part

about 50$ u know what its sayin that the promoter gives no shit about the party or clients. ***not to start drama it seems every time i post u have a commant i have this same post up on the nyc board n every1 seems to agree

know most DJ's that do this for the love of music and making other people happy that enjoy music...wasnt that the initial case of getting started in this??

thats what Im getting at from your comment. Granted a lot of people dont use vinyl anymore but you see more and more dj's makin the switch. I see no prob with this

are u kidding me talk about contradiction, i gave so many dj's chances to get there foot in the door. these kids trapped in the bassment ive tried helping, i tried at the scratch academy, letting them open where ever i could... what have u done to help this scene. ask the cats who know on the board i get more e mails n im's from kids about advise and ive yet to knock or shoot them down. i love this scene its been a part of me since i first worked in a nightclub in 96=97 @ tunnel where i had to pay to spin in the bassment of tunnel at 5 am.... and i was thrilled. i think i still havent finished payin my dues and still have along way to go.

as far as cds yes i use about 3 % in my set but i dont rob the artist i go n support them by buyin there records or e maillin them my tracks and askin for there's

as far as mp3 and love for the scene well got news for u the djs n producers u love n support u robbing blind.

u know i appreciate ur 2 cents n ur opinion but ur gonna tell me im all wrong. n in what part of this post is arrogant and selfish

the only part i talk about myself is the radio show. n the part

about 50$ u know what its sayin that the promoter gives no shit about the party or clients. ***not to start drama it seems every time i post u have a commant i have this same post up on the nyc board n every1 seems to agree

Now to me that sounded a bit DRAMATIC, But Il lstill be civil.

What have I done for the scene.

I managed numerous nightclubs takin many unknown DJs given them a shot to open up everynight.

So managing clubs for 4 years in Jersey and 2 years out of state puttin basement dj's on means nothing

whatever dude.

I think you mis-rad my comment cause you said I contradicted myself re: the d/l music.

I dont think if a dj uses vinyl, cd, laptop makes him a good or bad dj...like you are saying about the www.dj's I think a good dj is one that entertains a crowd.

This is the entertainment industry bro...realize that.

as far as robbin artists its 2004 this great creation called the world wide web has created an avenue for file sharing so Im a guilty party to it. big fucking deal. Youve never downloaded music..and if you say no Ill call you a liar.

Not for nothing But I really feal bad downloading a madonna song when she cares nothing about the consumer while sittin in her million dollar home. Puhlease dude.

Maybe if artists and record companies didnt have such extravagant salaries (and they do I know because I used to do artist management working and managin artists singers dj's etc)

Dont hate on me for d/l music...it seems that you are avoiding the matter at hand and changin the topic.

The arrogance is where you think you are better that www.dj's as you call them. and that is blatantly obvious in your initial statement.

and Finally I dont ride your posts if thats what youre getting at...by saying it seems every time you post I have a comment....If you havent noticed this is a public messageboard everyone has comments..and I tend to voicxe my opinion A LOT.

So if you got a problem with that tough shit.

and no I dont take offense to this post and dont feel I fall under any of the categories as you stated but you my friend need to step off that high horse

high horse lol in nowaydo i think im better then the next guy, as far as madonna come on, u know im taking about . guys tryin to get tracks out are lucky to get 500 $ for and as far as dl';ing music yes i have done it to get acappella n but as far as using it to get the track that every1 is playin no no pal

listen let it go pal

all the best to ur managing career ect...

this like i said ur the 1st and only person on any message board i posted this thread up to disagree n take it to this direction u have

if u dont like that please feel free to pm me no need to talk shit this post wasnt targetted to any1 person or persons