Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new ID system in UK club - fingerprinting

PCR

i'd have an issue with them keeping a pic of me on file, but the article says it dosnt store your actual fingerprint, just a few key refrence points to identify you (if you've ever gone to a Hollywood Tans they use basicly the same thing)

i kinda like the idea that you dont have to have an ID with you, but honestly what moron dosnt carry ID with them...god forbid something happens to you and you dont have ID...

Originally posted by berniec

i'd have an issue with them keeping a pic of me on file, but the article says it dosnt store your actual fingerprint, just a few key refrence points to identify you (if you've ever gone to a Hollywood Tans they use basicly the same thing)

I dunno man...just like clubs that scan your License won't use it for soliciting purposes.

The age of wireless is upon us anyway though. We will all be tracked sooner or later.

yeah, people i know flip out over E-Z pass being able to track where you were and when.... wait til tey get a hold of this :laugh:

I understand their point, but it seems to me they are going a little toooooo out of their way, just to make it "more convenient" for us to not bring ID's.. i mean, come on, its not that hard to bring it, u know?

i just feel slightly uncomfortable knowing that people are storing info on what i do in my spare time-- its no one's business but my own... and even if i am just clubbing and having a good time not doing anything wrong--"clubbing" in general kind of has a negative conotation tagged along with it, especially from the gov's standpoint--...