Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Discoteque" afterhours...DJ's review

Hope everyone is well rested after Sunday mornings activities...Lemme just say WOW!...What a party,It was my first time playing the room and I had a blast playing there.In case you missed it,I started about 4:20 am when they opened the doors and the room quickly filled up.Within an hour the place was packing out and just kept filling up.The crowd seemed into it and open minded.The dj booth has to be the best dj booth in NY to play in.Erick Morillo who helped design the booth outdid himself.He even stopped in to say hello and asked me to take care of his baby(the dj booth of coarse)...Thank you Erick....So anyway,the place started jumpin' around 6 am.The soundsystem is clean and tight and the lights are amazing.The light guy was right on point.I dont remember his name but shouts to him for doing a sick job!So i played my ass off till about 8am when Razor decided to take over and continue to rip shit up!I didnt want to leave,I would have stayed till the end if I didnt have to work at 10:30 that same morning.I Pulled an all nighter,but it was soooooo worth it.If i didnt have to work and Razor let me I would have spun till wednesday,LOL.It was really hard to leave that booth!So thanks to Razor for letting me open for him and shouts to Erick and his perfect DJ booth,also thanks to Discoteque for having us.This party is blowing up big and I would recomend it to any true househead,,,,next week will be insane when Mr.Morillo takes the helm for another amazing afterhours journey.I WILL BE THERE no doubt.....See you there i hope

Rob James :)

It was definetly a sick party. Razor turned it out to a packed house until 4p.m....I didn't get there until 10:30 so I didn't get to see Rob but Razor said he did an amazing job opening up and getting the party started. The crowd was very mixed, but everyone seemed to blend nicely and were all there to hear good music and have a good time. It's way different going to a club at 10:30, nice and awake and showered, and being able to see the crowd and hear the music in a totally different way than other times that i've been at afterhours!!!!

The music was good but it was too packed there were no space to check the coat... what up with that???

Way too many people there were no space to dance at all or even walk to the bathroom so i didnt enjoy that much. How can you dance if your holding your coat? There were no space to put your check in the club!

But I still stayed till from 5 till 9 am... next time please have space for coatcheck coz otherwise there's no point to get in to the club just to listen to good music coz I LOOOOOVE to dance.

I enjoy the girl dancer though... damnnn good!!

Originally posted by tranceformer16

The music was good but it was too packed there were no space to check the coat... what up with that???

Way too many people there were no space to dance at all or even walk to the bathroom so i didnt enjoy that much. How can you dance if your holding your coat? There were no space to put your check in the club!

But I still stayed till from 5 till 9 am... next time please have space for coatcheck coz otherwise there's no point to get in to the club just to listen to good music coz I LOOOOOVE to dance.

I enjoy the girl dancer though... damnnn good!!

My coat was stolen,sucks,however I had a blast.

Yeah like i said,I had a blast,when the DJ is having fun,look out!I played lotsa deep and dirty tracks ,they seemed like they were into it.As far as Razor,I couldnt tell what he played because i had to break out right after my set.I was only supposed to play till 6:30 or so...I guess they were feeling me cause I ended up playing till about 8am...All in all is was a great night,hope to do it again sometime.

Originally posted by djrobjames

Yeah like i said,I had a blast,when the DJ is having fun,look out!I played lotsa deep and dirty tracks ,they seemed like they were into it.As far as Razor,I couldnt tell what he played because i had to break out right after my set.I was only supposed to play till 6:30 or so...I guess they were feeling me cause I ended up playing till about 8am...All in all is was a great night,hope to do it again sometime.

Glad to see you the the rest of LI old skool back on the scene.....keep on keepin on.:)

i have my comments reserved for the actual venue and managment...not too happy with their bullcrap and a-hole of a manager, yeah, that dude name B----

but this party does sound ill...i've heard about this for awhile...so is rob and razor the resident?...and party is on saturdays or should i say sunday mornings at 4am right?

fill me in...thanks

Originally posted by gqsmuv

i have my comments reserved for the actual venue and managment...not too happy with their bullcrap and a-hole of a manager, yeah, that dude name B----

but this party does sound ill...i've heard about this for awhile...so is rob and razor the resident?...and party is on saturdays or should i say sunday mornings at 4am right?

fill me in...thanks

you are not going to go to the best afterhours party just because you don't like the manager?!!?!?!

what ever happened to going out for the music?