Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vlad to Angels, Palmiero to Orioles

Codica3

...vlad was a steal for 72mill for five years...i heard the details of the mets deal - it was actually 75mill but only 30 guaranteed - they wanted him to take some responsability because they could not insure his back...stupid fucks...lol...we were better off not knowing they had an offer on the table...i wonder how the orioles will pan out...big names dont always equate to success but it sure wont hurt their fan basis...

Originally posted by phatman

i wonder how the orioles will pan out...big names dont always equate to success but it sure wont hurt their fan basis...

Orioles put in a lot of time investing in some good field positions, but they're not gonna get anywhere with shitty pitching..

Palmiero, Javy, and Tejada will definitely boost numbers and offensive performance, but pure offense doesn't win games - look at Texas. No pitching = no chance.

The MEt orginization is a joke to have let Vlad get away,

Wilpons are giving the Dolans a run for the money as worst owners in new york.

First A-rod and now Guerrero , 2 guys in the the top 5 players in all of baseball the past 5 yrs and the next 10

Mets werent even serious about Vlad they made a half hearted attempt to show their fans they were "serious"', but please their offer was about half the guaranteed the Orioles were offering and the angels came in at athe last second and got him,

mets couldnt have been that sincere in their attempts...

Originally posted by Codica3

Orioles put in a lot of time investing in some good field positions, but they're not gonna get anywhere with shitty pitching..

Palmiero, Javy, and Tejada will definitely boost numbers and offensive performance, but pure offense doesn't win games - look at Texas. No pitching = no chance.

it is an improvement from this year, where they had no offense and no pitching. i'll definitely make the trek to camden a bit more often this year.

Originally posted by bxbomb

The MEt orginization is a joke to have let Vlad get away,

Wilpons are giving the Dolans a run for the money as worst owners in new york.

First A-rod and now Guerrero , 2 guys in the the top 5 players in all of baseball the past 5 yrs and the next 10

Mets werent even serious about Vlad they made a half hearted attempt to show their fans they were "serious"', but please their offer was about half the guaranteed the Orioles were offering and the angels came in at athe last second and got him,

mets couldnt have been that sincere in their attempts...

and you now understand why I see things "half full" with that club...

Originally posted by spragga25

and you now understand why I see things "half full" with that club...

:banghead::flame::cry::unhappy::mad3::cuss::no:

Yup this is what id be like if i was a met fan especially after this latest fiasco

ATTN: FRED AND JEFF WILPON

ACT LIKE A BIG MARKET TEAM AND STOP FUCKING WITH YOUR FANS. SUMMERS IN NY ARE BECOMING A LITTLE TOO BORING , ILIKE TO WATCH THE METS AT LEAST KEEP IT CLOSE WITH THE YANKS!!!

Originally posted by bxbomb

:banghead::flame::cry::unhappy::mad3::cuss::no:

Yup this is what id be like if i was a met fan especially after this latest fiasco

ATTN: FRED AND JEFF WILPON

ACT LIKE A BIG MARKET TEAM AND STOP FUCKING WITH YOUR FANS. SUMMERS IN NY ARE BECOMING A LITTLE TOO BORING , ILIKE TO WATCH THE METS AT LEAST KEEP IT CLOSE WITH THE YANKS!!!

You took the word right out of my mouth...minus the two broken chairs and a hole pucnhed in the wall.

Year one of the 10 year plan now begins...:rolleyes:

60 wins max