Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Space Resident Dj Profile: Dj Cue

biznation00

The greatest asset any performer can possess is versatility. The ability to turn with ease, from one thing to another, adapting a variety of skills, and using them with equal dexterity to create a picture that is whole and unique. Fernando "CUE" Fuentes is a performer of this caliber. In his 16 years of performing, (as a musician first, and then as a DJ) he has captured a number of art forms and today, utilizes it to create a sound and style that is uniquely his own.

Cue discovered his love for music at an early age. The son of an artist, he acquired his first instrument (a drum set) by the age of 14. Handcrafted by his father and himself, Cue started playing drums and found himself jamming in various events alongside now legendary musicians from all across South America. By 20, he became one of the most solicited drummers in the underground music scene in his native Santiago de Chile, playing with different bands, different styles, going from jazz, rock and even techno pop, signaling the beginning of a versatile career.

read more on Cue & sample his music @ http://www.spinbalance.com/

See Cue every Sunday Morn' @ Space

I like to best describe his music/style as "House" on a sexy, percussive tip with a bit of a proggressive edge...

also chek him out:

Wednesdays @ Blue

Sundays @ Nerve

;)

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Fernando is also a true sweetheart and he hasn't changed since he's gotten bigger gigs.

I completely agree! Every week he brings a bastion of new house choons to rock Blue. I only saw him at Tantra once but I think that set was definitely a reflection of what Biz called versatility!

:D:hat:

In case you guys haven't heard his track, Who is who part2 it's a real jem. Works nice on a dance floor! Chek out the link to the track below...

http://127.0.0.1:12978/template.html?nuyhtgmz475fqhpih8tp4cch132hbgpoih4epBi5ge0C7n5gAzgEEgrqoxz61yo3bfbo384gqo7i4el6yCafl2l0ohExcl4eCsctafsjvEafrDb4ngbilt9g

also, listen into one of his august 2003 sets b-low:

http://www.spinbalance.com/audio/mix-contento.ram

Enjoy! :aright:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by eddyguerra305

:D

Wow Eddie, you sure do get around......Maze, Life, Tantra, Nerve and now Space? I think you just need Club Deep to finish off the list!

One time, Cue told me the story of how he started out studying music in Chile and his progression to dance music. It's wonderful to see that his musical background is now becoming more accessible to CPers. Not that he hasn't been getting the respect he deserves in the past, but now, more of us CPers can appreciate his sets!!!

Thanks Cue!!!

:D:hat:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by cue

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:...thanks for all the kind words, the constant support and to each and EVERY ONE OF YOU that makes this little scene stay alive,.....YOU ALL ROCK!!!!:rock:

Much respect

Cue:aright:

We thank YOU, its guys like you that make the nights (and afternoons!!) memorable.

I MET Dj CUE AT NERVE HE WAS WITH STEPHAN LUKE< HE LET ME PLAY My BONGOS IN THERE ; I THINK HE was very charm AND HE's CUE-T. WHENEVER I"M AT NERVE my friends and I always wait for his turn ; don't get me wrong stephan luke is good , but my friends and I or the Latin crowd really enjoy those spiced CUE's tribal beats.:):cool::):cool::):cool::):cool::)