Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Today in Red Sox History

njdionysus

blogo10.gif

On January 16, 1905: Boston acquired Jesse Burkett from the St. Louis Browns for George Stone. Burkett retired after playing for Boston for one year, batting .257. In 1905, Stone led the AL in hits and total bases. In 1906 he was the batting champ. He was one of the best hitters in the game throughout the remainder of the decade.

Originally posted by njdionysus

blogo10.gif

On January 16, 1905: Boston acquired Jesse Burkett from the St. Louis Browns for George Stone. Burkett retired after playing for Boston for one year, batting .257. In 1905, Stone led the AL in hits and total bases. In 1906 he was the batting champ. He was one of the best hitters in the game throughout the remainder of the decade.

thanks for the history lesson now fuck off and die.

newsflash: the yankees are owned by a dickhead and the entire organization is run by assholes.

headban.gif

Originally posted by l155a

thanks for the history lesson now fuck off and die.

newsflash: the yankees are owned by a dickhead and the entire organization is run by assholes.

And the Sox still cant beat them, so what does that make the Sox? Entire organization is run by assholes, hmmm I've never heard anyone call Torre or Cashman an asshole before. Envy is a sin. 1918.

On a side note, this should be a great season, probably one in witch the Sox will beat the Yankees by finishing first 'cuz I just dont see the make shift pitching staff holding together all season. I'm a fan, but I'm a realist too.

Originally posted by njdionysus

I've never heard anyone call Torre or Cashman an asshole before.

Torre is a great coach i will give him credit.

Cashman is a joke and just a puppet for george. he would probably have greater success with another team.