Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oprah

Destiny

Originally posted by phatman

[hint] not all of us have tv right now [/hint]

lol sorry

Theyre talking about dowry burnings in India.

The women get married, the husbands ask for the dowry, if its not good enough or they want more and they dont get it, they burn their wives. Most of the women die and if they manage to live, theyre considered a burden to their family because the husbands dont want them, they go back to their family and they can't marry or work again...

the town theyre in right now...1200 women are burned a year in dowry burnings and the women say that they were burned by an oven explosion because theyre scared of what the husbands would do to the family.

I'm so disgusted

Originally posted by nybeauty

omg this is completely awful!

i was wondering where lisa went, she just left the view n didnt say where she was going...or maybe i missed that show

no they were announcing it for a few shows...she left to do freelance and to work with national geographic...now shes also a contributor to the oprah show

Originally posted by Destiny

no they were announcing it for a few shows...she left to do freelance and to work with national geographic...now shes also a contributor to the oprah show

ah, its true what she said that people need to see whats going on around the world, very sad stories