Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kaftwerk on MTV Europe Music Awards (now)

funketeer

Originally posted by laliux

that group is fucking overrated.

I agree...how dare the media compare them to Queen...I don't think the singer has the pipes of Freddy Mercury and even though their musicianship is somewhat decent...their songs suck major ass...they are nothing but a novelty act.

:cool:

I thought Christina Aguilera did a good job at hosting it...Justin Timberlake had to jump on stage in the middle of the Black Eyed Peas performance, only to ruin the shit out of Where Is The Love with his totally tone-def singing...damn...I think he just got up onstage and someone threw him a michrophone...it's very hard to sing on a venue of that size...with no monitors...all the others had the ear-pieces...Justin was out of tone and out of time...forgettable performance.

:blank:

I love how the media phrases things...all these new bands are the next something or other, and very few hold up to the title. 99 percent of the printed music magazines out there are just fluffers for the industry. If i read one more article that any of these whiny bitch rockers are the saviors of rock n roll (Jack White, I'm looking at you, moron), I'm going to be quite pissed off.

On the other hand, at least no one has the gall to say "so-and-so is the next Kraftwerk"....since it would not be true most likely.

"Gimme a D" .... "Gimme a Arkness" ... "What's that spell?"

If you don't like their sound, then you just don't like to have fun, that's all :D

Of course they're not the latest-greatest-thing to save Rock'n'Roll. Who the hells wants to do that? I do find them entertaining, though ... and the songs are wicked.