Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Year's in New York

I'm from Toronto and will be spending this New Year's in New York. I was wondering when I should be looking to either buy tickets or put myself on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> for a fun club. Also, does anyone have any suggestions? Who usually throws a good New Year's party? I'll also be looking for clubs and lounges to go to on Friday and Saturday night. I love good hip hop and R&B music, so any suggestions would be appreciated. cwm7.gif

fuck vegas, spent new years last year in nyc and it was retarded! so many clubs/venues to choose from. are you looking for anything in particular, trendy, upscale, rave, you said r+b. a lot of parties will have r+b rooms as well as techno rooms.

fuck clubs on new years

house parties dominate

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by nycedee:

fuck vegas, spent new years last year in nyc and it was retarded! so many clubs/venues to choose from. are you looking for anything in particular, trendy, upscale, rave, you said r+b. a lot of parties will have r+b rooms as well as techno rooms.

suggestions for upscale, trendy, not rave please...???

Vegas is cool for NYE in that it's warm. You can walk around in thin layers; aka ladies will be comfortable in open-toed shoes, skirts, etc. And since they close off the strip, it's really neat to be able to walk up and down Las Vegas Blvd where all the main hotels and attractions are. I remember the last time I was home for NYE, people were just crazy. People were swinging from the traffic lights and girls were giving free peep shows everywhere you go.

I haven't had a true NYE New York style yet, so I can't really compare the two, but everyone should experience Vegas at some point in their life.

Originally posted by keshiki:

suggestions for upscale, trendy, not rave please...???

there are one-time parties all over the city. promoted one last year that was insane. this is not a plug for me, i don't promote anymore. but i still have best friends who do promote those type of parties. i can forward their info to you, or i can look into this for you. its still some time away for promotors to have their venues solidified. pm me if you like

-Dee

Big clubs in NYC usually suck on new years eve. They charge 100+ a ticket, so the crowds are sparse and mostly tourists, no real clubber would really care when every weekend is a holidy in nyc. My exception was Twilo NYE98 (into 99), that was pretty off the hook. 2000 was laaame at all he clubs, from what I heard, because it was even more overpriced and touristy than usual. Free advice, good advice, take it and learn from it...

JB

there are one-time parties all over the city. promoted one last year that was insane. this is not a plug for me, i don't promote anymore. but i still have best friends who do promote those type of parties. i can forward their info to you, or i can look into this for you. its still some time away for promotors to have their venues solidified. pm me if you like

-Dee

thanks for offering your help! but...i'll just wait til it gets a little closer to NYE and i'm sure there will be tons of posts up about parties. but thanks again.

keshiki

Archived