Clubplanet Nightlife Community

business/political people (esp. dgmodel)

Giuliani's book was awesome...not sure if you're a fan of his or not. I know a lot of peope on here arent. But it was one of the first books I had read in a while, and it was really good. Appropriatley titled "Leadership"

Thats one thing you're looking to read about right? :)

books by bernard baruch, are pretty good... in terms of business and related topics... as far as management goes... id read books by some of our best ceos, jack welch, sam walton, Albert Dunlap "Chainsaw Al," ted waitt, bill gates, philip frances, theres a bunch... some ppl say if you look at coaches of successful teams its the same thing etc... i wish i had something for you specifically but if you want to know something specifically and you think i could help you, pm me and well see what we come up with...

Originally posted by t0nythelover

hey guys. im running for an election and i want to know of any books on leadership, management, marketing, or campaign strategies. any help would be appreciated.

election for what??? better not be 4 public office.... coz we'd be fuked royally :D

the fact that you singled dg out 4 advice is scary... DG, were u not indicted in the Arthur Andersen case ???

I smell some nice home cookin....Oh wait!!! its DG cooking the books :laugh: :laugh:

jk kiddo :D

YEah, what are you running for, tony?

I was a poli sci major, and took a grad level course on leadership and rhetoric (just up your alley ;)

We read Lincoln, MLK, ronald reagan. And not only the material they read, but how they read it aloud.

Also, when writing a speech, you want to formulate it around an overall "feel" , or approach. For instance, depending on what position you're running for, use certain words, phrases and repetition to encapsulate the audience

Originally posted by magellanmax

election for what??? better not be 4 public office.... coz we'd be fuked royally :D

the fact that you singled dg out 4 advice is scary... DG, were u not indicted in the Arthur Andersen case ???

I smell some nice home cookin....Oh wait!!! its DG cooking the books :laugh: :laugh:

jk kiddo :D

lol actually this is where most of notoriety came from:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195264&highlight=marko

im running for the office of president of my schools student govt. im currently a representative on the council and the govt really sux. they are hardcore biased and using all of the school funds to fund parties for the ethnic group of the current president. ill def read guillianis book on leadership. basically im lookin for info that helps with organizing resources for an organization (my election ticket) and ways to improve my image, market my group, and control spending and improve funding. sounds like alot i know. ill def check out all the names you guys gave me. thanx alot.

t0ny4president

T4P2004

im treasurer of the qc accounting honor society...i coulda been prez but i didnt feel like gettin up and goin 2 school that day...

winnin an elected position is all about opportunity, seize it when u can....if u really wAnt good advice read The Art Of War by Sun Tzu...and if u need pointers pick up the study guide...peez