Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for the staten islanders

haha this is pathetic and i know im gonna get flamed for this but whatever.. my barber and my backup are both out of the country... i havent had my hair cut in a few weeks and i feel like a hippie.. i'm just looking for a place that gives good fades/tapeups and things like that.. any info would be appreciated.. thanks si.. oh my normal place is astor place on forest ave

Originally posted by exit24e

lol... dont go to aster place... Flawless on Casleton... Right down the block from St. Vincents. Everyone in there is really good except the old puerto rican with the thick glasses.

noway gerry at aster place gives a mean fade :eek::laugh:

check your pm's too oh and how much is flawless??

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by oldtimer

haha this is pathetic and i know im gonna get flamed for this but whatever.. my barber and my backup are both out of the country... i havent had my hair cut in a few weeks and i feel like a hippie.. i'm just looking for a place that gives good fades/tapeups and things like that.. any info would be appreciated.. thanks si.. oh my normal place is astor place on forest ave

the two best places for white kids are yup, astor cuts on forest, ask for jerry. Joe (who is right next to him) I think is better overall (who i've been going to for years until i discovered.....) in SI mall, go to the unisex place, and ask for Albert. Best tape for a white kid bar none all of Staten Island. And he does it in like under 2 minutes. Ermin is a good backup if Albert isnt there.

theres another new joint i been hearing about called whos next, its on Richmond Avenue near Victory blvd. I used to live there, and every time i drive by its packed with kids getting fades and they look sick. Don't know any specific barbers.

for black kids, theres that joint on bay street, near the train stop, and that other place on port richmond avenuue, but u dont sound black so never mind.

Originally posted by pangelid

the two best places for white kids are yup, astor cuts on forest, ask for jerry. Joe (who is right next to him) I think is better overall (who i've been going to for years until i discovered.....) in SI mall, go to the unisex place, and ask for Albert. Best tape for a white kid bar none all of Staten Island. And he does it in like under 2 minutes. Ermin is a good backup if Albert isnt there.

theres another new joint i been hearing about called whos next, its on Richmond Avenue near Victory blvd. I used to live there, and every time i drive by its packed with kids getting fades and they look sick. Don't know any specific barbers.

for black kids, theres that joint on bay street, near the train stop, and that other place on port richmond avenuue, but u dont sound black so never mind.

acxtually gerry at astor place is my usual guy.. but he rushes all the time.. his line is always like 4 or 5 guido's deep and he bangs out haircuts in like ten minutes.. i think i;m gonna try those other places you suggested though.. thanks

Originally posted by djmikeyhouse

asta place Whoa now i stoped going there mad long ago i use to go to jerry he cant cut hair no more and i heard joe left

deff check out who's nexted(master's) on richmond and victory and they all know how to cut hair i go to johhny boy

stay away from the mall :hung:

yo, albert in the mall does ridiculous tapes (an i been going to jerry/joe at astor cuts for over 10 years). go see for yourself. watch the kids that come outtah there. he is the only barber in si that has a line from opening to closing 9pm. no joke.

"who's next" is actually on Richmond Ave and Forest Street in case u don't wanna get lost. big guido neighborhood so prob good spikes.

Originally posted by oldtimer

acxtually gerry at astor place is my usual guy.. but he rushes all the time.. his line is always like 4 or 5 guido's deep and he bangs out haircuts in like ten minutes.. i think i;m gonna try those other places you suggested though.. thanks

Really.. gerry always takes is time with me... I am in the chair for at least 20 minutes

Originally posted by djkinky

Really.. gerry always takes is time with me... I am in the chair for at least 20 minutes

lol that's funny.. ive bene going to jerry since last november usually on thursday or friday evenings.. i've probably seen you around before..

it's that time of the month again so i think im gonna try this guy albert tomorrow and if he's not working i'll probably check out the place on richmond.. line's are gonan be ridiculous though for valentine's daya nd all.... bleh

• 2 months later...

Staten Island is the only place in the entire city of New York where kids still get tapeups and fades! I think they invented the tapeup!:laugh:

I wish kids out there would step it up already..My girl is from New Mexico and she couldnt believe it when I took her out to SI. She was like New Mexico is 100x's better than this place..NEW MEXICO? She is like why do all these kids have the same haircut? I cracked up! I am so happy I moved...

:hat: