Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lego @ Sonar Review

lyrik

Okay...let me start out by saying a BIG :bigfinge: to any real househead that did not make it out tonight to Sonar.

WOW...WOW.....WOW....Sean Weeks and Nandez....WOW!

I didn't know who these guys were, let alone what they would spin. I walked into Sonar and right off I was like DAMN!!! These kids are throwing down...funky bumpin house! I get to talking with them and low and behold these guys were from the same area that I grew up in near Chicago....my GOD these 2 can throw down HARD CORE!!!! House music PROPER STYLE...they will be doing the bulldog lounge starting soon....AND their very first guests will be the Eastcoast Boogiemen valentines day weekend.....CHECK these cats out....they can really bump it...Sean and Nandez were on fire...which leads me to LEGO!

OH MY FRIGGIN GOD LEGO!!!!!!

I have seen Lego a bunch of times back home in Chicago and a couple of times here in Miami but .....TONIGHT!!! OH MY GOD TONIGHT!!! LEGO dropped the FUCKIN funk....he came right into Sean and Nandez set with some Funky house and he fuckin owned....no offense to mark grant last week....but I wish the crowd that was there last week could have heard all these guys tonight....WOW!!!!! Some of the best house music I have heard in a LONG TIME....no joke! I am so pissed at some of the reg. househeads that usually come out that missed this because honestly they missed something that doesn't happen very often outside of the WMC.

Listen ....these 2 guys Sean Weeks and Nandez...CHECK them out...they were totally on point....as good as any act I have seen anywhere.....great track selection and great mixing!

NEXT WEEK- Myself - LyriK and John Corradi take over the decks @ Sonar and I expect to see a lot more of you househeadz in there than I did tonight...it will be bumpin...tonight was an inspiration to me.

i agree.. alot of people missed out on an incredible night of music & jerk chicken....

we def. missed all the house heds tonite..

it was a good crowd, everybody was movin.....if you thought grant rocked it (which he did) lego did even more damage...this was def a night to remember...

big up to the lust crew,

cp heds,

the passed out guy on the couch,

& the jerk chicken rasta man

# 1 tablespoon Ground allspice

# 1 tablespoon Dried thyme

# 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper

# 1 1/2 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper

# 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground sage

# 3/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg

# 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon

# 2 tablespoons Garlic powder or fresh

# 1 tablespoon Sugar

# 1/4 cup Olive oil

# 1/4 cup Soy sauce

# 3/4 cup White Vinegar

# 1/2 cup Orange juice

# 1 Lime juice

# 1 Scotch bonnet pepper (habanero)

# 3 Green onions -- finely chopped

# 1 cup Onion -- finely chopped

# 4 to 6 chicken breasts

_38216444_jerk350.jpg

Originally posted by absolutv

# 1 tablespoon Sugar

# 1/4 cup Olive oil

# 1/4 cup Soy sauce

# 3/4 cup White Vinegar

# 1/2 cup Orange juice

# 1 Lime juice

# 1 Scotch bonnet pepper (habanero)

# 3 Green onions -- finely chopped

# 1 cup Onion -- finely chopped

# 4 to 6 chicken breasts

_38216444_jerk350.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

What a great night... It was about the same size crowd as last saturday for Mark Grant... good looking ladies everywhere!

I got there for the end of Sean Weeks and Nanez(?)'s set and was VERY, VERY impressed... FUNKY AS ALL HELL!

Then what can I say 'bout LEgo that hasn't already been said; as Bling says... LEGO OWNNNNNNNNZZZZZZZ! He had the whole place facing the booth cheering and whistling for his WHOLE set! I was floored... energy was THICK!

See you guys next week for Lyrik and J.C.! Sheldon & Vaughn are two of the best hosts, especially since I just moved here. Cecil, nice hanging with you too; thanks for the Corona!

Thanks again for all you househeads at the past couple parties for making me feel like part of the family!

We just wanted to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH" for the kind words and killer support! The place is definitely off the beaten path and many of you come from Miami and "Up North" to get down and funky with us each week! Definitely had a great time with 3 amazing sets of straight-up funky house music! :aright:

Sean Weeks and Nandez impressed all of us! They had people dancing the second they walked through the doors, setting the "bar 'o funk" pretty damn high for Lego... Lego took the ball and ran straight in for a touchdown as he had the crowd hooting and chanting, showing much SoFla love to this Chicago house maestro!

Next week, we continue our quest to provide QUALITY house music, as we are very fortunate to have two of our locals family members take the controls... Lyrik and Mr. J.C. a/k/a Giovanni Corradi from www.housedivision.com , a Tampa transplant to Miami. You can also catch J.C. @ The Whitelaw Hotel for some warm-up sessions every Saturday.

Sheldon and Vaughan will be dropping their house thang on The Hyde Park Cafe in Tampa, so if you have any friends in that area, let them know the boys are coming over!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

UPCOMING GUEST @ SONAR

1/31 - JOHN CORRADI & Lyrik

2/7 - JUAN MEJIA - Crobar

2/14 - SHELDON PRINCE CD RELEASE PARTY!!!

2/28 - CHRIS LUM... yes.. CHRIS LUM!

All you Miamians... not yet confirmed, but Aquabooty might be having a bus coming up for Chris Lum...

3/6 - JON LEMMON - Uniting Souls | Viva! Recordings, Seattle & JOSHUA WILKINS - www.Lust4house.com | housedivision.com | Hyde Park Cafe resident, Tampa

fun party !, for all u house lovers, missed an excellent show ! and Sheldon & Vaughan are top knotch hosts that keep the vibe going. by the way vaughan, use that picture for a flyer !, it will be 2 funny ! :D

ps. didn't know they had such qt chiquititas en Lauderdale !

Originally posted by absolutv

# 1 tablespoon Sugar

# 1/4 cup Olive oil

# 1/4 cup Soy sauce