Why Did EXIT Close?

Suhel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by exit24e

bc someone else is buying the venue...

Sounds correct i remember someone a month or so ago talking about how exit was going to be shut down for awhile. They are supposed to renovate and ive heard end the "hot 97 parties" and return to a house/trance whatever non-hip hop party.

Originally posted by BobG

exit is closed as you know it.... ....at this point I can't say whats going to happen when the venue reopens...but i can say this.....

HOLY SHIT......

if your "holy shit" is in reference to the rumor that jp bought it, i'd have to say i highly doubt it.

if it happens to be true, i think its a huge mistake on his part.

Originally posted by djmikeyhouse

yea jp manger deff bought it...... it wasnt jp who bought it

thats bold to say that its definite, seeing how nothing in this shady biz ever is.

if it is true and jp mgt bought it, intereting move....

that place is like the bermuda triangle. it's just a doomed space.

it needs an overhaul in there bigtime. granted i haven't been in there since about the first month it opened, but if its the same now as it was then, i stand by my statement.

i can be patient and wait to see what plays out....

lots on new venues these days, lots of talent to choose from, lots of different afterhours parties popping up.

all this competition just makes things better for us, the club goer.

no more is there one or 2 places that everybody goes by default.

now the club has to woo us to get us to come to their venue.

i'm curious to see who's left standing when the dust settles..

Exit had over 10,000 people for New Years for JP.

If Exit gets JP..... mark my words they will be back.

What about all these rumors that Richard Grant is trying to bring back JP. I agree JP would be foolish to sign back with SF after what Grant did. But where else can JP get a residency at a large club. The only other place is Exit.

The club isn't that bad, it's those ugly crackheads! EWWWWW

I'm sure they will hook it up the way it needs to be done, and that his fans will respect the place a lot more because it will be theirs, shit, they'd be paying rent cause they practically lived at Factory all weekend before.

It's like a hotel! :laugh:

I know alot of us are all saying that you need to renovate exit if Jp comes back , but what exactly should be done. I agree i dont like the decor at exit and it needs a change, but what actually could be done that would improve it and get people back, except a sound system. i mean factory was a great place, but it was jsut dark and there wasnt really anythin that exciting about the decor. I dont now how you could really change exit.

the building has been on the market for 6 months now, Thats nothing new.....

if his managment bougt or leased the space.....

the renovations would prob go into the 3.5's

as the place is like so massive, its to massive..

a proper system in there would be 3 times of what it is now, and the lights would have to be done so there much lower, THERE WAY TO HIGH UP, With no FOG, and 40 feet of NOTHING, makes for a shitty lighting system.... if it was my spot.....id completly Re-do the enitre layout and look of the space, so it would be more known as Carbon, then Exit.....if it looks anything like exit did, it will prob Fail......lol

EXIT.......is a name we will not be saying 10 years from now...

we will all moan, and laught, but noone will EVER SAY

"yo, Exit was the shit back in the day"

lol

oly<

WOWWWW, ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY THINK EXIT IS CLOSED IS FKN REALLY ON ANOTHER PLANET. I WAS THERE FRIDAY NIGHT FOR DJ ENUFF AND ANGIE MARTINEZ BIRTHDAY PARTY. ALL THE FLOORS WERE OPEN. THE PLACE WAS MOBBED. THERE WAS A LINE GOING TO THE WEST SIDE HIGHWAY, AND THEY STOPPED LETTING PEOPLE IN BY 12:3O.

IF EVERYONE SEEMS TO FORGET, BEFORE EXIT, THERE WAS CARBON AND MIRAGE. EXIT'S ROOTS ARE IN HIP HOP AND SPANISH MUSIC. AND FOR RIGHT NOW, SPANISH AND BLACK PEOPLE ARE KEEPING THE DRUGS OUT OF THAT PLACE, THUS NO PROBLEMS WITH THE POLICE, AND MAKING THE BARS THOUSANDS MORE DOLLARS THAN ANY DANCE NIGHT WOULD.

IF YOUR A CLUB OWNER, WHICH WOULD YOU TAKE:

1. A NIGHT WHERE HALF THE PEOPLE IN THERE ARE PAYING 25-30 BUCKS TO GET IN, WHERE THE PROMOTER TAKES A BIG CUT OF THAT. 75% OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE ON DRUGS, BUYING $6 DOLLAR BOTTLE OF WATERS. AND YOU HAVE THE POLICE UP YOUR ASS.

2. HIP HOP NIGHT, WHERE THERE ARE PRACTICALLY NO DRUGS GETTING INSIDE THE PLACE TO WARRANT THE POLICE UP YOUR ASS, AND IF THEYRE ARE DRUGS, ITS POT, AND THE COPS DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT POT ANYWAY. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT BUYING BOTTLES OF WATER, THEY ARE SPENDING 13 BUCKS FOR A SHOT OF HENNY, AND BUYING LIKE 7 OR 8 OF THEM.....OR, THEYRE BUYING 300 DOLLAR BOTTLES OF HENNY, ALIZE, HYPNOTIQ.

IF YOUR AN OWNER OF A CLUB, YOU TELL ME WHAT NIGHT YOU WOULD PICK IF YOUR A TRUE BUSINESS PERSON.