Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Indy Car racing

lolahotass

I have been to the Daytona 500 (1998 - the year Dale Earnhardt won!) and it was pretty awesome, exciting and just a total kick-ass time.....

I'm considering going to the Indy Car race in Homestead the end of February....

Have any of you guys been to an Indy race before?? If so, how was it.... is it gonna be like Nascar??

As long as you go to an oval track like Homestead it will be alright. Its pointless to go to a road race...better to sit at home and watch it on TV.

I used to be a big follower on the cart serier back in the late 90s...that was before they split up into IRL and CART. Well they were both still racing, but all the best drivers were in CART, and IRL was kinda like the minors at the time. Now its all split and I cant follow either.

But at the time I used to live near Nazarth speedway, and CART raced there every year. Used to go all the time. I always enjoyed it...I thought the races were more exciting than any of the Nascar races I had seen. Faster, much louder, a lot more passing and changing positions...it was just more exciting overal in my opinion. Not like boring Nascar where everyone stays in line for 200 laps and is afraid to pass.

Originally posted by djprotege

Faster, much louder, a lot more passing and changing positions...it was just more exciting overal in my opinion. Not like boring Nascar where everyone stays in line for 200 laps and is afraid to pass.

Damn, then I'm there... if I thought Nascar was exciting, I can't imagine all the position changes..

right on... thank you :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by lolahotass

I have been to the Daytona 500 (1998 - the year Dale Earnhardt won!) and it was pretty awesome, exciting and just a total kick-ass time.....

I'm considering going to the Indy Car race in Homestead the end of February....

Have any of you guys been to an Indy race before?? If so, how was it.... is it gonna be like Nascar??

ive been to one but like 5 yrs ago, i loved it, i would go again, i went to penn. too bad greg moore died, RIP greg :(

Originally posted by magellanmax

I sit in traffic for hours everyday going crazy and pulling my hair out... i find it very difficult to sit and watch cars go round and round as a means of entertainment.. :(

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah I sit in traffic all day too... but theres something about watching these guys go 200 miles an hour that just totally kicks major ass.......:)

btw, I think I'm going for sure... my buddy is working on pit-passes for us:eek: