Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Piciotto Anyone??

Hey wallflour, this was my first time listening to picotto. Was this his traditional style of play? I loved the tech sound just curious. Extremely energetic night for me. And I am no Avalon expert but haven't seen that place packed till late like that before. Then again I've only been there a handfull of times. Peace.

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

christian smith,:rolleyes: , ehh

MAURIO =:eek:

:)

:blank:

Got there at midnight, Smith was playin a lot of tribal house building it up nicely until outta nowhere he dropped Murder was the Bass and the place lit up with energy that just continued until I left around 6am. Smith was flawless as he usually is and did a fantastic job opening. When Mauro came on, he came out hard and the first hour or so of his set remained that way. He then got housey which was very nice, with even about 3 vocals, and then got back to techno around 5am. Tracks I remember, Amazing, Switch to dis, Murder was the bass(2x), Max Walder - Destroy the sound :eek: :eek: (place went ballistic), dude broke out Pontape around 4:30am and threw an accapella over it(what it was is escaping me at the moment), Lost again(crowd went nuts after the long buildup), Silver, smith played his and selways remix of Liebing's American Madness, sinner man(retarrrrded efx and crowd response). I'll remember more as I wake up.

Overall had a blast. The crowd was very young, but seemed everyone was there with the right attitude and just enjoying themselves. Staff was very curtious. I expected some problems from the reviews of certain nights there, but I got the total opposite of what I expected. I like the club a lot, I never had been to Limelight, so I didn't know the layout at all. Lighting is ridiculous. Overall, and this is the general concensus I gathered in talking to people, that was the best I've heard Mauro spin. His mixing was pretty much solid with no real noticably bad mixes. He usually is sloppy but last night proved he has it. Christian smith, what more can I say about him. The mans a genius at what he does, and his set last night showed that.

I was there! Got there while MP was on already and it was simply insane. He was dropping rediculous beats, i couldnt stop movig the whole night. I left at like 10 to 7. It was to the point a few time were i was loosing my breath seiously and my heart was pounding waaaay hard. I said ok i think thats it for tonight, and i ended up dancing for another 45 min. That happened about 5 times in a row. He dropped alot of classic songs, more than usual. Energy was amazing and his skill level is off the meter! Truly great night!

christian smith was really awesome opening for mauro. glad to hear him spin when i got there around 2 am. he threw some bangin tribal tracks that got me dancing. the place was crowded and yeah the crowd was a bit young...i guess thats what happens when its 18 to party...

mauro got on the decks at 3...he was soo sick.. i wasn't really paying attention to any track list...i was still delirious from tenaglia the night before and with only 3 hours of sleep...i was into it though..had fun with my gurlies and danced with all the crew!

what an amazing weekend...12 hour set with danny t and a banging night with christian smith and mauro picotto....i just love nyc!:D

cheers

indy

Picotto was off the hook! He was so on and spun nothing bad. I've been to his set at arc and have to say last night was his best performance. When is this dude coming back? I am down when he does come.

Christian Smith was good too. Flawless and provided a great set for a man like Picotto to come in.

Crowd was great too and staff was courteous. If you were there, everyone was enjoying a great night of hard trance. People started to leave at 5? Why so early? That I didn't understand but I guess it good to have space around you. I stayed til the end...it was too amazing.

Ronin, thanks for the playlist. How did you manage to remember all those tracks?

Next stop: PVD

a night of hard trance? :confused: i heard maybe 5 tracks the whole night that could maybe pass for trance.. the rest of the night was pure techno.. and bangin at that. Christian opened proper (as if you'd expect anything less). Granted I've only heard mauro one other time at arc, the first time he played there in 02.. must say I enjoyed that set more than last nite's. his flow vanished completely for an hour there.. but i give him credit for at least not playing just 1 style for 4 hours.

he definitely plays good techno, but he plays techno like a trance dj.. stops to have a drink.. takes his headphones off to talk to people.. for the amount of money that guy was getting paid last nite, i would expect a little more effort (then again he played in montreal on friday, and was flying to london at 9am.. so i'll cut him a little bit of slack). Most "techno" dj's work the mix WAY more than that..

still had a good time though

i had a great time...

Christian Smith was amazing, as usual...his mixes were FLAWLESS!!!! He got me grooving from the minute I stepped foot on the dancefloor...

Picotto was great as well....def. a crowd pleaser...played all the "top 40" techno tracks...hehehe...other than that, his set was bangin' and harder than he usually plays...

Avalon was PACKED! I honestly havent seen it that packed in such a LONG time....

Now all We NEED is DJ RUSH, Monika Kruse, and Chris Liebing to play a 3 way tag team set @ Avalon :D :D :D

still recovering...

I remember the tracks cause I fuckin love techno and try as hard as possible to id songs by downloading livesets and getting the playlists. I totally forgot how he ripped TaoTek. My god, the energy was top notch. The acapella he used was Tim Deluxe - It wont do. Was weird to hear it onto of Pontape but it worked! I definitely agree with lasix that he didn't work the mix more, seemed like there were only a few times that had extended mixes, but whatever. great night and nice seeing glowgrl at the pizza place ahaha:blank: ;)

6 of my crew were there last night the other people who couldnt make it to arc while the rest of us were sleeping. Hear the same thing as the reviews but around 6am my 2 femle friends were called into the booth by mauro himself and chilled with him fora bit. There were 2 polish girls one blonde one brunette.

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

i had a great time...

Christian Smith was amazing, as usual...his mixes were FLAWLESS!!!! He got me grooving from the minute I stepped foot on the dancefloor...

Picotto was great as well....def. a crowd pleaser...played all the "top 40" techno tracks...hehehe...other than that, his set was bangin' and harder than he usually plays...

Avalon was PACKED! I honestly havent seen it that packed in such a LONG time....

Now all We NEED is DJ RUSH, Monika Kruse, and Chris Liebing to play a 3 way tag team set @ Avalon :D :D :D

AHHHHHH!!!! DJ Rush I hope he comes to Avalon or a big place somewhere in the city his sets are packed full of energy

Originally posted by Ronin

Igreat night and nice seeing glowgrl at the pizza place ahaha:blank: ;)

hehehhee...yeah that was pretty funny....especially because I was totally wasted....This weekend killled ME!!!

hey you gonna come out to Tronic tomorrow for Kevin Saunderson? :blank:;)

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

hehehhee...yeah that was pretty funny....especially because I was smilies-20625.png

This weekend killled ME!!!

hey you gonna come out to Tronic tomorrow for Kevin Saunderson? :blank:;)

nah i can rarely do a tronic party, and when i can, i never actually go:(