Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why doesnt anyone play much trance in this area?

Dont tell me trance sucks either 'cuz you'll have to sell that to the 25,000 people going fucking crazy on the Tiesto In Concert DVD. Yea its in the UK, but I know PVD packs Roxy and Tiesto At Space is one of the highlights of WMC. I remember, I think it was Mendez or Lopez dropping Flight 643 at Surf Club a few years ago, the place went nuts! I got Denny (who hates trance) to play Lethal Industry last Summer at Tempts, everyone seemed to love it... so what gives? Why doesnt anyone around here play much of it at all?

Traffic is a sick jam, I dont care where you play it! :rock:

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

A whole night of trance wont work in NJ. Too boring IMO. Trance does suck for the most part except for a couple of songs.

Brian you need to over the bridge once in a while and go see PVD , Tiesto, Oakie, or AVB. No house dj packs the ROXY or EXIT. Only trance dj's. DT cant even pack ARC on a Friday. There is a lot of different trance music. Let me give you a cd of whats going on now and let me get your review. Where are you gonna be this weekdn and I'll try to bring you one. Do you like vocals? If you do then you'll like vocal trance.

Victor Soto

Originally posted by vsoto212

Brian you need to over the bridge once in a while and go see PVD , Tiesto, Oakie, or AVB. No house dj packs the ROXY or EXIT. Only trance dj's. DT cant even pack ARC on a Friday. There is a lot of different trance music. Let me give you a cd of whats going on now and let me get your review. Where are you gonna be this weekdn and I'll try to bring you one. Do you like vocals? If you do then you'll like vocal trance.

Victor Soto

I've been over the bridge many times before. Its just not worth it to me anymore. I just cant get into all of them DJs you listed. These night gets packed cause they dont come around often, while you have DT there almost every week.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I've been over the bridge many times before. Its just not worth it to me anymore. I just cant get into all of them DJs you listed. These night gets packed cause they dont come around often, while you have DT there almost every week.

DT being one of the most talked about DJ's in the world he cant even pack his own venue. Lets face it house isnt the same anymore. Dont get me worng I love house and DT, but its not the same anymore.

Victor Soto

Originally posted by njdionysus

Dont tell me trance sucks either 'cuz you'll have to sell that to the 25,000 people going fucking crazy on the Tiesto In Concert DVD. Yea its in the UK, but I know PVD packs Roxy and Tiesto At Space is one of the highlights of WMC. I remember, I think it was Mendez or Lopez dropping Flight 643 at Surf Club a few years ago, the place went nuts! I got Denny (who hates trance) to play Lethal Industry last Summer at Tempts, everyone seemed to love it... so what gives? Why doesnt anyone around here play much of it at all?

Traffic is a sick jam, I dont care where you play it! :rock:

Sup homeboy,

We both know Troy St. Charles spins that shit very very good. Im gonna be doing my own Trance Session hopefully in NYC. I have gotten too many emails in regards of the last one I was gonna do and I still get them. I cant let that pass. I will let you know whe I get confirmation.

Victor Soto

trance [ trans ]

noun (plural tranc·es)

1. dazed state: a state in which somebody is dazed or stunned or in some other way unaware of the environment and unable to respond to stimuli

2. hypnotic state: a hypnotic or cataleptic state

3. rapturous state: a state of rapture or exaltation in which somebody loses consciousness

4. spiritual medium’s state: the state of apparent semi-unconsciousness that a spiritual medium enters into, allegedly in an attempt to communicate with the dead

Alcohol = Agression = Music with Energy

People are drinking more and don't want to be put to sleep, they want to get crazy. Trance music by definition does the opposite. Trance songs that work have to have a lot of energy and less repetitive hypnotic beats.

I'll tell you why I can't play Trance or HiNRG here in jersey. Everytime you try to play it the normal retards come over and ask for something they can sing or dance too namely hiphop. fuk that shit people need to get over this crap and listen to some real music. the main music around the world is trance why are we so far behind. we are regresing musically. kill hiphop! kill KTU! kill MTV! they need to push Dance music especially trance more than they do. u will never see funkmaster flex as the number dj in world, and there is a reason why Tiesto is number 1!!!!!

If it was up to me i would play it all night long but people arent open minded enough to hear it. they only want to hear their radio tunes.

Originally posted by djryanm

I'll tell you why I can't play Trance or HiNRG here in jersey. Everytime you try to play it the normal retards come over and ask for something they can sing or dance too namely hiphop. fuk that shit people need to get over this crap and listen to some real music. the main music around the world is trance why are we so far behind. we are regresing musically. kill hiphop! kill KTU! kill MTV! they need to push Dance music especially trance more than they do. u will never see funkmaster flex as the number dj in world, and there is a reason why Tiesto is number 1!!!!!

If it was up to me i would play it all night long but people arent open minded enough to hear it. they only want to hear their radio tunes.

Sup Ryan

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Even if a dj played vocal trance to set the mood. I am 100% sure everyone will like it.

For everyone Techno is not Trance !

Victor Soto

Originally posted by vsoto212

Sup homeboy,

We both know Troy St. Charles spins that shit very very good. Im gonna be doing my own Trance Session hopefully in NYC. I have gotten too many emails in regards of the last one I was gonna do and I still get them. I cant let that pass. I will let you know whe I get confirmation.

Victor Soto

Hey Vic! Yea Troy's Trance Sessions was dope. I may have to venture into the big city for PVD before WMC. Not sure if I'm going to make it to the Conference this year, I wish I could just go Sunday for Tiesto @ Space!

Work on this... Tiesto @ Crobar,

we'll let Troy open up fo him!

Aim high! I know its a stretch, but imagine.

Sup Victor!

Well out of everyone here Victor knows Trance is my thing i dont play a mellow as Troy. But for 5 years at the Relyc i had that place jaming to Trance. when i dj at other spots it suks with retards asking for just hiphop.

if anyone wants to hear a good trance cd pm i will send u one! for Free!! maybe we need to promote it on our own!

Originally posted by stymie

dt is one of the most talked about dj's in NYC. not the world.

Tenaglia is one of the best period.

The venue itself, Arc (Vinyl) just sucks!

You have better music in Boston anyway... :laugh:

Groovefire at Rise or Pravda, maybe Tanner K

Louie DeVito at Sunrise, that was classic!

Originally posted by djryanm

Amen.

HipHop crowds suck! That is unless you're into having assholes talk shit to your girl right in front of your face. Hands down, the most disrespectful crowd ever... MTV should be executed for promoting all that bullshit on tv! Dont get me wrong, I'm down for some hardcore hiphop beats at the gym, but as far as playing it in the clubs, no thanks. And I know girls request that shit all night long, whatever makes 'em dance but come on already. Enough.

When I say trance, I'm not talking about playing it all night long 'cuz I know that would NEVER work in Jersey. Half of the clueless crowd here would rather hear Satisfaction or Appreciate Me for the 100,000,000th time. Next time I go out and hear Appreciate Me, I am attacking the dj.

My point is, there is a lot of good music out there other than the mainstream bullshit half of the local djs play every weekend over and over. Add some trance to the mix, change it up! Bring in a dope percussionist to go with the beats, do something. Just stop with the mainstream KTU nonsense. I have to give some love to Deko 'cuz Richie Santana aint playing that bullshit!

first of all DT is the only american dj that even cracks the top 100 "best" you'll never see JP in that list even though you would think he was the second coming the way some of these headz talk about him...

trance is not popular here for many of the reasons mentioned above...but I would like to add ...that music attracts crack heads plain and simple and in NJ that is too much hassel (remeber wehn the sayreville clubs were raided?) No owner wants that trouble. The whole NYC scene is going down beacause of that...you cant hear a good DJ anymore until 4 or 5 in the morning and no I dont want to go to sleep and wake up at 5 to go out....I want to go out at night like normal people.

I went to roxy on a saturday not long ago and even though it was full of shirtless chelsea boys rauhofer went on at a decent time...finished around 6....respectable...good music vocals then his signature underground/industrial tribal beats...very nice

Originally posted by njdionysus

D. KNOWS!

Happy Birfffdee!

Thought I read sumfin about it.

my list can go on for hourse but those came to mind within the first 3 seconds.

Bday Tomorrow however Im not going to acknowledge it. It's leap year so I've decided that technically I won't age. However, I'll still accept presents and money. (major credit cards accepted as well)