Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HURRY, HURRY!!! register to VOTE!!!!!!

weyes

there's a shitload of red tape (and you're not dealing with the brightest folks) when it comes to getting properly registered to vote, so get on it! the deadline for registering in order to vote in this primary is FEBRUARY 17th, but they say that, if you want to mail it in, you have to have your application postmarked 15 days ahead of that (which would've been the 2nd). so, kids, you have to go to your county's election official to drop off the stinkin' form in person, if you're not registered to vote in california. **NOTE: they say that you don't have to vote at "your" polling place, as long as you vote at one in the county in which you are registered. they will give you what is called a "provisional ballot" if you do this. word to the wise, folks: i did that twice, because they didn't have a record for me, even though i sent my form in on time, and i was then told a year later that the state had no record of me EVER voting. don't believe the "provisional ballot" hype :no: ! vote in your proper polling place, yo!**

MARCH 2nd is the california state primary, and there will be 4 state propositions on the ballot, along with the primaries for the presidential race. all props. are budget-related, with prop. 55 being about funding education. but this state election is all about the $$$.

this primary, though, is extremely important, for all you democrats. cali has a huge number of delegates, and, for those who don't know what that means, well, let's just say that we're a state that makes a bigger difference than most :cool: . SO, VOTE!!!

:hoparound

ok, here are the websites with all the info you need, including where to get and turn in your registration form (and, as i said, you have to walk it in to your local official, since time has run out), where to vote, what the props. are all about, what each candidate has to say for himself ( :aright: ), and more:

bios of the democrats: http://easyvoter.org/california/nextelection/2004-primary/democratic.html

quick guide to this election: www.easyvoter.org

more in-depth site about this election: www.MyVoteCounts.org