Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Erick Morillo @ Discotheque AFTERHOURS

disco is just too damn small for morillo's crowd.

i would love to go check him out but i always hear its just totally jam packed beyond belief.

the coat check fills up and your stuck with your coat.

i just don't have the patience for that anymore.

i'd love to get him in sf for a sat-sun afterhours.

morillo on that system :eek:

I would rather be in the small sweat box like Disco. You can feel the vibe off the crowd. In SF the DJ can not even see half the crowd. He can not tell what is making them move, How they are reacting to his set. The art of the DJ is lost in such a big space. At SF you could just have a CD play. Then tell the crowd that DJ so and so is spining. It would make no difference. You can not even see the DJ there.

Originally posted by afa8317

I would rather be in the small sweat box like Disco. You can feel the vibe off the crowd. In SF the DJ can not even see half the crowd. He can not tell what is making them move, How they are reacting to his set. The art of the DJ is lost in such a big space. At SF you could just have a CD play. Then tell the crowd that DJ so and so is spining. It would make no difference. You can not even see the DJ there.

i totally agree with you about appreciating and feeding off the vibe in a smaller venue. i'm all for that!!

especially when you can see the dj really getting into his set. (like watching danny howells tear it up at arc)

i agree about the set up at sf. i don't like the fact that the dj booth is so far removed and there is no interaction.

the only thing i liked about twilo was that the dj booth was right there.

i'm just saying that imo, disco is just too small a venue for any dj, yet alone morillo.

its just not enjoyable when you can't move an inch, can't check your coat, or can't even get to the bathroom.

if i'm buckin up 30 beans, i would like to be able at least do the above....

morillo was supposed to be at crobar soon wasn't he?

i don't know if he cxl'd b/c isn't aren't any more afterhours there.

Originally posted by bionic

i totally agree with you about appreciating and feeding off the vibe in a smaller venue. i'm all for that!!

especially when you can see the dj really getting into his set. (like watching danny howells tear it up at arc)

i agree about the set up at sf. i don't like the fact that the dj booth is so far removed and there is no interaction.

the only thing i liked about twilo was that the dj booth was right there.

i'm just saying that imo, disco is just too small a venue for any dj, yet alone morillo.

its just not enjoyable when you can't move an inch, can't check your coat, or can't even get to the bathroom.

if i'm buckin up 30 beans, i would like to be able at least do the above....

morillo was supposed to be at crobar soon wasn't he?

i don't know if he cxl'd b/c isn't aren't any more afterhours there.

You are right last time I was at Disco I could not even move. I think the Subliminal party was better. It did not get as crowded. I do think they are just being a little to greedy charging $30 for Disco. I think Factory is the only other club that charges that much. Evey other club in the city is either $25 or less.

Originally posted by ladycroft

Hi, coming to NY from London on 14th, really wanna go to this...is it just

gonna be too packed to get in or is it worth a try?

oh...is the address: 17 West 19 Street? Not been to your city b4!

Thanks! :)

The party starts at 5am Sunday morning. Do not worry about not getting in, you will get in. What people are saying is that the club gets to packed.

Originally posted by ladycroft

Hi, coming to NY from London on 14th, really wanna go to this...is it just

gonna be too packed to get in or is it worth a try?

oh...is the address: 17 West 19 Street? Not been to your city b4!

Thanks! :)

i wouldnt recommend trying to get in at 5am when it starts casue it is usually mob scene outside. trying waiting a until a little bit later.

i for one can't deal with how grossly crowded it gets. the place is def waaaaaaaaay too small

Etienne! :D

The best thing to do is get there around 10:30/11:00......there is no line, coat check is cleared up by then and the vibe is sick when u walk in.......i did this last time he played there and i stayed til 5 and had an amazing time.........if u stay in the back room area its not as crowded as the rest of the club.

Originally posted by deepwetkisses

The best thing to do is get there around 10:30/11:00......there is no line, coat check is cleared up by then and the vibe is sick when u walk in.......i did this last time he played there and i stayed til 5 and had an amazing time.........if u stay in the back room area its not as crowded as the rest of the club.

Excellent suggestion!

Panina, you need to stop lyin, chile! :laugh:

See y'all soon! YEEYAAAAAAAAAAH!