Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Makeup Colors?

lizard23

I am terrified of looking like a clown, so I tend to shy away from color when it comes to makeup and stick with neutrals (brown eyeshadows and liner, regular pink blush and neutral/peach gloss.) Does anybody know what colors are hot this spring/summer or what would look best on a brunette with hazel eyes and medium skin tone (me!) I've heard that if you apply it properly, almost any color can look good on anyone, but I don't know where to start. Thanks!

Since I already know what your skin tone is like, I don't think a dark color such as purple would do it. It might be a bit much actually. Since you are inquiring about spring colors (in terms of eyeshadows) I can see you in colors like Cash (Urban decay-pale green with irridescent glitter) Blunt (creamy beige w/semi mettalic sheen), or even Andromeda (Tony&Tina-green/yellowish color). Oh yeah, I'm not sure what that color is, but your lizard avatar would look great on you too. If you feel a bit daring one day, brush that color over/under your eye and let it trail off just a bit. For a more dramatic look, try these colors wet.

Originally posted by linabina

spikes....how do u know so much about makeup?

Well, I have friends who work at places such as Mac ,Clinique and Sephora. Whilst hanging around with the same contingent, you're bound to learn something.

Some of this info actually helped out in my last relationship. My ex was a midnight blue freak and applied it on heavily. That look would be fine if we were attending a 7th grade prom. Since she was a redhead, I suggested lighter colors or even a nice bronze would do. But she would get pissed because she thought I was merely criticizing her. So I eventually stopped and allowed her to walk out of her place looking like a panda bear.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

Since I already know what your skin tone is like, I don't think a dark color such as purple would do it. It might be a bit much actually. Since you are inquiring about spring colors (in terms of eyeshadows) I can see you in colors like Cash (Urban decay-pale green with irridescent glitter) Blunt (creamy beige w/semi mettalic sheen), or even Andromeda (Tony&Tina-green/yellowish color). Oh yeah, I'm not sure what that color is, but your lizard avatar would look great on you too. If you feel a bit daring one day, brush that color over/under your eye and let it trail off just a bit. For a more dramatic look, try these colors wet.

I was thinking green too and a glittery lilac shade (more subtle than purple.) Here's an Urban Decay eyeshadow sampler I was thinking about getting b/c it has "safe" shades in it as well as the green and purple I was thinking about trying. How have you been lately, BTW? What's going on in the DC area?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B$sessionid$3GFSTQVPPQG4PLAUCK5BXCQ;jsessionid=3GFSTQVPPQG4PLAUCK5BXCQ?id=P37360

Originally posted by lizard23

I was thinking green too and a glittery lilac shade (more subtle than purple.) Here's an Urban Decay eyeshadow sampler I was thinking about getting b/c it has "safe" shades in it as well as the green and purple I was thinking about trying. How have you been lately, BTW? What's going on in the DC area?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B$sessionid$3GFSTQVPPQG4PLAUCK5BXCQ;jsessionid=3GFSTQVPPQG4PLAUCK5BXCQ?id=P37360

Liz, this one step forward out of your "safe zone." I'm quite proud of ya (two thumbs up with a salesman smile). I took a look at that sampler. Not only does it come in a nice case, it also has shades that I was going to suggest you try (like midnight cowboy and chopper). Ah' say geet awn it! (get the sampler that is)