Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much do we pay for commercials?

georgym

It seems like television revolves around commercials, not the other way around. They always come when you least expect it :mad:

Commercials SUCK. PERIOD. I said last night to some people "how much to we pay to watch this crap?" It must be at least half of what we pay for normal tv programs :half:

And why can't they do here what they do in europe-- run all the commericials together at the end of the program.

Originally posted by gmccookny

It seems like television revolves around commercials, not the other way around. They always come when you least expect it :mad:

Commercials SUCK. PERIOD. I said last night to some people "how much to we pay to watch this crap?" It must be at least half of what we pay for normal tv programs :half:

And why can't they do here what they do in europe-- run all the commericials together at the end of the program.

If there werent any commercials there wouldnt be any TV. Advertisers are what keep certain programs and stations up and running. If they ran them at the end of shows like in Europe, nobody would watch them....companies would pay less, stations would make less money.

it can cost as little as a 10 bucks per spot or 10 grand...into the millions...and you as a consumer don't pay anything directly for commercials...its not something that comes out of your taxes....gov ads not included..

you buy goods and in turn advertisers run spots to get more people just like you to buy their crap..

where in europe do they do that..ive lived in london for a year..and traveled alot to spain,france,italy,greece,germany,amsterdam...

and never seen all the commericials at the end

Originally posted by solbeam

it can cost as little as a 10 bucks per spot or 10 grand...into the millions...and you as a consumer don't pay anything directly for commercials...its not something that comes out of your taxes....gov ads not included..

you buy goods and in turn advertisers run spots to get more people just like you to buy their crap..

I know not directly but indirectly when we buy stuff , the profit the companies make go to producing their commercials

But in a whole other sector, what i don't like is how tv channels are RUN by advertisors. I'd like to think that each channel had it's own personality. Or, it's own theme. And in a large part it does.

Thats why i love comedy central. Usually their commercials are funny, offbeat, and not mainstream. But Mtv, broadcast channels, ewtc... are different.

It's also cool when channels make their own commercials, i.e. espn.

All im saying is i wish the tv channel companies wouldn't let advertisors own them so much :half:

Originally posted by podes881

where in europe do they do that..ive lived in london for a year..and traveled alot to spain,france,italy,greece,germany,amsterdam...

and never seen all the commericials at the end

well, there are sometimes commercials in between, but for the most part, the ads run at the end of the shows. This is in Belgium, France and Holland where i've been.

And it's a GREAT thing :D

i like commercials... and advertising companies... however theres a point where enough is enough... like mtv for instance, or fox, comedy central they bombard you with commercials... how long is the average commercial break???

they also have a channel dedicated to commercials...

I know not directly but indirectly when we buy stuff , the profit the companies make go to producing their commercials

But in a whole other sector, what i don't like is how tv channels are RUN by advertisors. I'd like to think that each channel had it's own personality. Or, it's own theme. And in a large part it does.

Thats why i love comedy central. Usually their commercials are funny, offbeat, and not mainstream. But Mtv, broadcast channels, ewtc... are different.

It's also cool when channels make their own commercials, i.e. espn.

All im saying is i wish the tv channel companies wouldn't let advertisors own them so much :half:

how bad can the commercials be on Cartoon Network when they show the Smurfs? quite whining and concetrate on Gargamel

why the fuck does gargamel want to eat the smurfs so bad??? the mofo doesnt even know what they taste like... they could taste like complete shit and he may not even like them but he devoted his whole life to eating them... lmao... wtf??? i bet you he also has sex with azriel...

Originally posted by dgmodel

why the fuck does gargamel want to eat the smurfs so bad??? the mofo doesnt even know what they taste like... they could taste like complete shit and he may not even like them but he devoted his whole life to eating them... lmao... wtf??? i bet you he also has sex with azriel...

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by dgmodel

george kinda reminds me of peewit

34johpir.gif