Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep House vs. Progressive House

Originally posted by jazzinhouse

The Redzone / Underground / Elements / The Building / Mars / The Loft / Shelter / Body & Soul / 718 Sessiona / deepa / MAW

:rolleyes:

:laugh: hey hey watch those eyes there mr LOL

all of thee above-

+ the usuals held in PA and MASS

dont worry papa - im comming from the old school...

i remember when house hit the streets and some homes ( ON TAPE)

cds werent even though up yet for the public:laugh:

i think i still have a few mixed sets on tape somwhere

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Underground ... is the only true underground ... brotha ...

The Redzone / Underground / Elements / The Building / Mars / The Loft / Shelter / Body & Soul / 718 Sessiona / deepa / MAW

What do u know about House? about deep? about the NYC Underground?

............. drop some science on me .... I'm listening ....

:rolleyes:

Drop you some science...did you want to know how the black hole was created?

I'll tell you how...

it was created by people in the community, and the underground dance scene ...

people who let it fall..

people who were afraid to take a chance...

that black hole still exists out there...

and it needs to be eliminated...

people need once again to come together and create once again what is missing...

all for the music...

I've had my days in the NYC underground.....and to each his own style of music..

but..

what really saddens me the most here is your lack of hope..

you see... those "days" that you refer to are a thing of the past, but, those days will be brought back again...

sure..I remeber those days..but, they are the past ...time to embrace the new...

New sounds, new future,new existence.....

BTW..it's not brotha..it's a sista!!

I'll go and take it to the next level, take away the hip and just play HOP, beats and no rap..period!

Most modern rap is simply sellout crap anyway, the old rap artists I grew up with understood music, what a vibe is and how to make one with the beats they produced with their old 4 track recordings.

Modern dance music has become a bit lost as others have mentioned, too many electrojocks that just perpatrate the modern dance track with just that..trax..NO VOCALS.

In order to get really good records once again you need quality production, that is what is lacking across all of the dance floor playlists to date.

What..you think Diddy is talented..??? Na...he is good at re-packaging others work. Funny thing is that the people who buy that repackaged crap from others as well know nothing about real music. Why do you think these hip hop people went into other ventures?? they know they record crap, that has a shelp life of a week or so. There are exceptions to everything also...50cent, Eminem (because of Dre)..and a few others.

Otherwise the scene has been recently just a reinvention of what already was...is it good?? well until someone has enough balls to make a unique effort to make a real change, it will be just as it is, selling ice to an eskimo..and calling it a new thing...

think about it..

How do I know..well I have seen it since the original 54 days in the 70's, experienceing that era..and then playing in NYC for the past 20 or so years...you tend to notice things like that.

:hat:

Originally posted by supremebaba

I'll go and take it to the next level, take away the hip and just play HOP, beats and no rap..period!

Most modern rap is simply sellout crap anyway, the old rap artists I grew up with understood music, what a vibe is and how to make one with the beats they produced with their old 4 track recordings.

Modern dance music has become a bit lost as others have mentioned, too many electrojocks that just perpatrate the modern dance track with just that..trax..NO VOCALS.

In order to get really good records once again you need quality production, that is what is lacking across all of the dance floor playlists to date.

What..you think Diddy is talented..??? Na...he is good at re-packaging others work. Funny thing is that the people who buy that repackaged crap from others as well know nothing about real music. Why do you think these hip hop people went into other ventures?? they know they record crap, that has a shelp life of a week or so. There are exceptions to everything also...50cent, Eminem (because of Dre)..and a few others.

Otherwise the scene has been recently just a reinvention of what already was...is it good?? well until someone has enough balls to make a unique effort to make a real change, it will be just as it is, selling ice to an eskimo..and calling it a new thing...

think about it..

How do I know..well I have seen it since the original 54 days in the 70's, experienceing that era..and then playing in NYC for the past 20 or so years...you tend to notice things like that.

:hat:

Hands down to you!!

I couldn't of said any better myself..now, that's real, and that's true, and that's the pure, raw shit!

and you can't really blame the masses..they've all been spoon fed, told it's good, and are content with it, why?

because everybody else likes it, so, it must be great...

it will take the courage of a certain few to really make a unique difference in this city, I have yet to see it, regardless of all the new clubs opening...

no real change has occurred yet...

I know one thing, I am personally not content, and I am personally not going to sit by and allow this disturbance to continue...

Let time be the friend..

and let all who believe..dare to see....

Werd .... to all of my Ol' School deep house brothas and sistas ...

If you want unity and community ... check out this gig over at

Ceilo on Wed., March 3rd ... NYC

Hosted by Club Shelter / Cielo / and some new cats on the block, deepa ...

Place should be hoppin'!!

NYC is going Old school again ...

Werd ....

NYC is going Old school again ...

u got that right

tomorrow i got a gig in NJ and im doing some classic booty shakaz

Friday im opening the night with some oldies

(plasmic honey etc)

then next week saturday im doing infrared lounge

(again on top of it all)

stop by kingpin

and let me know if you want to drop some beats at my place on a friday night

Hip Hop is going down ... too excessive too fast ...

The Grammys focused on old school funk and stayed clear of main stream hip hop ... just another sign that hip hop is slipping off the charts ... just a matter of time ....

Fun while it lasted .... and ... it made a select few very rich.

Who's/what's next???

I think it's selfish to keep underground music ... underground

Too many positive vibes and deep emotions within the music to keep it away from the masses ...

Dont you think that all positive vibes and deep emotions are there because this music is underground? Think about it, everytime you are in a club you share the experience with like-minded souls. Also, DJs are not superstars (bare with me for a moment) Some of them are soooo ugly its beyond ugly, yet they move crowds across the oceans.

I will tell you this much, I dont know what will happen when Hip Hop will go away, but electronic music is here to stay.

I think it's selfish to keep underground music ... underground

Too many positive vibes and deep emotions within the music to keep it away from the masses ...

Dont you think that all positive vibes and deep emotions are there because this music is underground? Think about it, everytime you are in a club you share the experience with like-minded souls. Also, DJs are not superstars (bare with me for a moment) Some of them are soooo ugly its beyond ugly, yet they move crowds across the oceans.

I will tell you this much, I dont know what will happen when Hip Hop will go away, but electronic music is here to stay.

of music will die anytime soon, there is enough of an audience for every type of music. I do think the next trend, which is starting already with the record labels at least the majors, is to sign real talent that can play an instrument, write and perform, rather than trying to find an artist with good image that they can take into the studio and then market to the masses. The labels are looking for real talent because the audiences are demanding it. Look at Norah Jones, Michelle Branch, etc. They seem to be moving away from the Britney's and the mass marketing of image. Just my 2 cents. I just hope we get more good music with longevity, I'm personally tired of records with no staying power, that are only good for a month or two. I like good music that is destined to become a classic, that's what the music scene is lacking. Look for the Drum & Bass stuff to get a more mainstream audience as well as the loungy electronica stuff-ie Cafe Del Mar-Buddah Bar type stuff.

Originally posted by tranceou

Don't know about you brotha ... but i can put on my headphones and get lifted with no DJ ... no venue ... and no crowd ...

It's about the music and not about the who, what, when, where, and why ...

However ... in main stream hip hop ... it's all about the 5 W's and little about the product ... because the prduct is generic. Just like any other big-ass franchise ... Big Mac / Whopper / Hip Hop ... it's all the same.