Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what the hell WAS that at avalon last night?

weyes

omigod - it was like a bad dream :hey: .

as soon as i finally arrived at avalon after being stuck in traffic for way too long, i didn't like what i heard. prince's "kiss" was blasting out the door, shaking the windowframes. now, i love that song, don't get me wrong, but it is not something to which i dance or want to hear at a club.

when i got inside, the lobby was too dark to see faces. i was supposed to meet my friends there or the smoking room, and there was no way i would've been able to find them in the lobby, so i tried to get upstairs. the layout of the club has been changed since new year's, when last i went, and lots of doors were blocked off. i was scrambling all over the place, trying to find a way downstairs, and being stopped by a locked door at every pass.

as i raced around, i wondered what kind of parallel universe i was in. the music was terrible, there were girls dancing on the stage in underwear and furry knee-high boots, and the crowd had a very standoffish vibe. it didn't feel like a giant event in the least. a lot of people gave up on giant a long time ago, but i've consistently had fun at their events. then again, i didn't go to the disastrous oakie grand opening or their new year's fiasco.

when i caught up with my friends, one was really sick. we spent the evening going back and forth to the bathroom for puke breaks for her, and, i'll tell you, those were more interesting than the music. i much more enjoyed talking to people in the bathroom than i did listening to that music, which was going absolutely nowhere. hernan cattaneo, the headliner, was better than dj icon, who preceded him, but not by much :no: . horrible. i didn't dance at all the entire night. after a while it occured to me that i'd rather be home eating my leftover mac and cheese.

i'll only attend another giant event if it's a dj i absolutely love.

I totally agree.

The music was soooo bad.

I am originally from Europe (Germany) and I am totally into Techno and Trance. I could just dance to it for hours.

People told me avalon plays techno so I thought I should go.

Well to bad that it is was nothing close to techno. How do you call that music anyway? It was just drums and too much bass.

Never again!

Can you guys recommend me any good place where the play pure techno and trance?

Thanks.

Man oh man.. weyes... it seems like every night you go out something horrible happens.. we will have to remedy that... man..

you should come out this saturday for my friend's bday we're going to spundae and I'll see about getting you in for free or at least half off... or I will give you a late bday present and pay for you!!

I don't like giant events! avalon though everytime i go there.. i have a blast but i usually go when there's someone I know i won't be disappointed with!

Sevan... check out spundae.. that's the best i can do for you ... techno trance will be there! If you do like trance though check out RED!

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

Man oh man.. weyes... it seems like every night you go out something horrible happens.. we will have to remedy that... man...

o, no, i really do have good luck, i think; i hope i don't sound like that on this board :worry: . this night was just something straight out of the twilight zone. and thanks for the spundae offers . i'll have to see what's up with my friend trancekyd; i hardly ever have weekends off and i do this weekend, so i'd like to see him. i haven't seen him since early january, and that's way too long!

and sevan17, at some point that night one of my friends said to me, "this music isn't going anywhere." i call that kind of music being "in park :no: ."