Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Getting in the events

A friend of mine told me that the doormen at the clubs pick and choose who gets in the events. I'm going to be going to the WMC by myself, he says that the door guys really only pick out groups with hot girls or more girls than guys, well I'm a lone dude who just really wants to go hear some of my favorite djs (since most of this talent I would never hear in San Diego). He pretty much said "good luck" and recomended I find a group with girls or find a girl to stand in line with if I even wanted to think about getting in.

So for those of you who have been before, would you say his advice is credible ?

Originally posted by soulprojector

A friend of mine told me that the doormen at the clubs pick and choose who gets in the events. I'm going to be going to the WMC by myself, he says that the door guys really only pick out groups with hot girls or more girls than guys, well I'm a lone dude who just really wants to go hear some of my favorite djs (since most of this talent I would never hear in San Diego). He pretty much said "good luck" and recomended I find a group with girls or find a girl to stand in line with if I even wanted to think about getting in.

So for those of you who have been before, would you say his advice is credible ?

Shouldn't be an issue...unless you are planning on Opium, Space, Prive, Mynt or Pearl...those are the places that could possibly give you trouble....but if its just you I am sure you will be okay....they tend to give the problems to big groups of guys with no women and especially to groups of guys that are acting like fuckin tools.

What events do you want to go to?

you'll be able to get in... however, to have the "least trouble", i'd suggest getting to the events you want to attend as early as possible AND if you are gonna be getting there a bit later, it never hurts to befriend a few hot chicks in line or on the way to the same gig.

several times in the past when i've made trips to miami with just a couple of buddies, we'll offer to buy some hot chicks in line a shot and a drink once we get inside if they'll claim to be "with us" when the bouncers call for them to get in... ;)

the rest of the year its like that but as the others said, for the WMC they are very loose at the door. many parties are offering presale tix which guarantee entry unless they are at capacity...i know Nerve has a multi-night discount pass...

getting there early usually solves all problems. :cool: