Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Photek|Mampi Swift|Danny Howells|Scott Henry::Cübik

djbuster

Every Friday at Nation

Buzzlife presents Cübik:

FRIDAY, FEB. 20 2004: PHOTEK | MAMPI SWIFT

0204_wk3.gif

Two drum ‘n’ bass legends explore different variations of the drum ‘n’ bass sound on Nation’s Avalon sound system. Photek, on the deeper tip, has been reinventing his sound over the past 10 years under numerous guises. Mampi Swift’s distinctive gritty basslines have always earned him high marks in the drum ‘n’ bass ranks. But in the past year, he has been one of the major forces twisting drum ‘n’ bass into its newest sonic incarnation. Check out their websites for more information.

PHOTEK [ www.photekproductions.com | UK]

His newest album “Solaris†is a diary of his life. The feeling Photek’s production creates is dreamy and fluid. Drum n’ bass takes on new meaning when Photek gets behind the decks so prepare yourself for an enchanting journey.

MAMPI SWIFT [www.chargerecordings.com | UK]

Founder of Charge Recordings, this drum n’ bass DJ and producer creates a sound of his own. “Plain rolling†is what he calls it. The raw and dirty beats Mampi Swift will bring to Cubik will not be forgotten.

DJ IllEFFECT [ syndromeindustries.com | EXBC Radio/destroyer.net | DC]

SPIGGY : in the Rubik Room [mix of 80s synth-pop, EBM, and other retrotechno]

FRIDAY, FEB 27, 2004: DANNY HOWELLS + SCOTT HENRY

0204_wk4.gif

One of DC’s favorites makes his long awaited return to Nation! A ten-year veteran DJ with an unique style described as 'deepsexyfuturistictechfunk house,'' Danny Howells’ flawless DJ sets have helped to establish him a position among the coveted ranks of the world’s top DJ’s. In addition to recognition as a headlining DJ, Howells is also gaining notoriety as a ground breaking producer and remixer. Past credits include remixes for the likes of Robbie Williams, BT, David Morales, Chakra and Ashtrax.

DANNY HOWELLS [ www.dannyhowells.com | UK ]

SCOTT HENRY [ www.djscotthenry.com ]

JTFLASSH aka JOHN TAB in the Rübik Room [ mix of 80s synth-pop, EBM, 80s acid house and electro]

THE THIRD RAIL EVERY FRIDAY IN THE FRONT ROOM

Underground hip-hop, DMC style scratching, breakdancing and up-front underground house music are showcased every week in Nation's front room. Check the head-nodding groove that gets dropped as the Third Rail does their thing.

DIRTY HANDS [ Ill Con Pro | Soul Camp | DMC Finalist | Red Bull | DC ]

TOM B. [ Red | Rhythm & Culture | www.djtomb.com | DC ]

ADMISSION:

$10 for Buzz members until 12 midnight

$15 General admission before 11 p.m.

$20 General admission after 11 p.m.

For information on how to become a Buzz member at no charge, visit: http://www.buzzlife.com/mssg_brd/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28944

All events are 18 & over w/ proper, gov't-issued, photo ID

Regular hours: 9 p.m. - 4 a.m. | OPEN BAR from 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.

CüBIK is every Friday at NATION

1015 Half St. SE, WDC

WWW.BUZZLIFE.COM

I won't be flashing anyone either.... I don't think.

I had a rather bad experience a few years ago. The one and only guy I flashed ended up being a tard that night, and he asked me if he could suck on my chest...

I was like "EWWWWWIEEE!"

:D

But anyways. Looks like I may be coming out this weekend afterall.... To see Spiggy :)