Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra questions/advice

This is my first time going to Ultra, so I have a few questions about how it works.

1) Is it possible to leave and re-enter?

2) Can you bring stuff like food, water, sunscreen, etc.?

3) What do dudes typically wear (shorts/sandals??)?

4) Is it right on the beach (i.e. all sand)?

Any advice or descriptions would be awesome.

Thanks,

Dave

well here's some of the answers -

Most of it as in a giant grass covered park. The main stage area is a HUGE cement ampitheater.

Dress - whatever is good - shorts, sandels, etc. IF you are going all day it'll be pretty hot and sweaty. Depending on the weather it could be coolish in the evening with breezes off the water.

You can bring sunscreen for sure - but i don't think any beverages or food of any sort and they do search (though its not like they do a cavity search or anything)

I don't believe that you can re-enter

They id you and give you a bracelet for beverages if you are over 21 i seem to recall.

Have fun!!

Originally posted by dalexand

This is my first time going to Ultra, so I have a few questions about how it works.

1) Is it possible to leave and re-enter?

2) Can you bring stuff like food, water, sunscreen, etc.?

3) What do dudes typically wear (shorts/sandals??)?

4) Is it right on the beach (i.e. all sand)?

Thanks,

Dave

1= I don't think so

2=I had trouble last year bringing in my camera and I heard other people had trouble with backpacks and stuff so just be ready for anything

3=some wear just shorts, others tanktops....it'll be hot at the beginning all the way until night hits.

4=it's not on the beach, it's bayfront park. Awesome though.

No re-entry. I asked the same question last year, but I then realized leaving would take too much time. The place is like a state fair.

I brought my digital camera in with no problems, but I arrived at 7pm. My advice, bring a disposable.

Bayfront park is a city park, so no sand, but when night falls, the skyscapers come alive.

Don't bring a back pack, they won't let you in with it. Wear shorts with big pockets.

Ultra is a lot of work, but a lot of fun. Good Luck,

Smith Point

Originally posted by dalexand

1) Is it possible to leave and re-enter? NO

2) Can you bring stuff like food, water, sunscreen, etc.? Food, Water NO, Sunscreen YES

3) What do dudes typically wear (shorts/sandals??)? Be comfortable, shorts and t-shirts are usually best

4) Is it right on the beach (i.e. all sand)? There are several stages on partial sand (boardwalk), but generally just oceanfront

Thanks,

Dave