Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Some help on CD-decks

djdekan

Originally posted by djdekan

I love Pioneer BUt the fucking Pioneer 500's were a piece of shit, Looking at the original 100's.

I hate the dual denon shit, so need some feedback.

for Pioneers..i have the 100's...they are VERY reliable...but they lack much of the "extras" the new Pioneers bring...also they are discontinued...try these Pioneers:

800's

P0045735B.jpg

1000's

P0047460B.jpg

dmp555's

P0043193B.jpg

if u want Denon's try these:

s-5000's

P0046154B.jpg

s-3000's

P0047909B.jpg

Pioneer's are the "club" standards...so they ur best choice for reliablity...Denon's offer alot of upgrades for 5000's and 3000's via the web (u d/l new features...burn them to a cd and then install directly to ur Denons)...

Originally posted by lotto

Dont be hating on Denons! these s5000 are the shit! maybe not as great as Pioneer 1000s but it has its qualities!

who's hating on them..they have impressed me...they offer alot of FREE upgrades via the net and their attempt at "being like vinyl" are the closest i have seen...def. very good...but Pioneers are found in almost every clubs, hence (like Technics) they are the "standard" for which all cd decks must measure up...

The 1000s are the "standard" in any decent club nowadays. Dual-deck arrangements like the Numarks are antiquated at best.

You can get 1000 MK1s for under a grand a piece nowadays...same for the 800s.

The Denons are decent units, I'm not a DJ, but i've been around enough of them to know that they all consider the S5000 a worthy challenger to the 1000.

When the SDZ-1200s hit in a few months, then we'll really see who is boss.

heres some info on the Technics CD decks -

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/pressroom/cont2.asp?Filter=12&cont_id=600

and heres a review of the decks from dj fingers -

Hi guys n gals! Just a quick comment on the new SL-DZ1200 dj cd/sd player from technics! I took a trip to plaza in london as i do every year and performed a 1.5 hour set on these decks! I took to them without even touching them as most people would! BUT!!! When i was getting the feel of them i noticed a few things! A) the timing on the scratch is the same as a cmx-3000 (pioneer) which is nothing like the CDJ range! The fx unit is shabby and is nothing compared with EFX-500 (pioneer) It dosnt feel like a 1210 C) and the loop What loop - it was gappy uneditable unless you had an atomic clock next to you! I think it looks great but cant compete against Pioneer Price and functionability!!!

PS. Idid have a quick stint on the new CDX-1 from Numark!! VeryVery Good! This could be the next big cd-deck! 12" PLATTER, Actual Vinyl use, 4.5kg torque, 100% pitch, CD MP3, editable loop fx unit very comarable to EFX-500 (seperate from platter unlike Technics!)