Clubplanet Nightlife Community

privilege

jeffy1

why?

I went last night, the place was clean, and well staffed. They didn't have much in the way of lights, and I may have heard some speakers funkin up. I had a great time regardless, but then again it was Q6, and I was with my luv. Can't go wrong with that :)

Privilege is mad cool. In the age of commericalization and overblown clubs, it is nice to have a cozy little place like Privilege where people come for the music and there is more of a family atmosphere rather than madhouse. Make no mistake about it I love madhouses, but Privilege is a nice change of pace

I need honest opion's Here. I left a promising job with a great future, to come work for Privilege. The reasons being 90% of the people who walk through that door apprcieate the music, the friendliness of the staff and of course me :}. Everyone there has welcomed me aboard, loved my ideas and it is a family.

The Main room is a good size, I would say just as big as Shadow Was. Many of you have not seen the terrace which is gorgeous. We will be splitting nights with Friday being House with PM Session (By the way Marco loooking foward to working with you) w/ Latin Music on the Terrace.

Saturdays will be Techno Nights. It such an amazing feeling when a dj like Maurro Picotto understands what a club is trying to do and althugh it may not be a big enough club to hold such a dj, He in the end is doing it for fun.

I went clubbing to Three different places this evening and when I got to privilege I enjoyed the music soooooo much. The Dj kept me guessing and was into what he was doing. This was all before Sean.

IN a time where "Mega" Clubs are being built everwhere, It's so Good to find a place where you feel like your at home and that place is Privilege.

I love Prvilege.

Honestly, it is easily my favorite place to go out. Reason being, it isn't a mad house and the sound system is amazing! The music the the club is bringing into Miami is stuff people haven't heard before. I just wish people would expand their horizons. Most people in Miami like the madhouse effect. I love the fact that the DJ booth at Privilege is on the dancefloor so it gives it a more interactive experience for the DJs that spin there. They are able to see the reactions of the people at the club up close and personal. Just my two cents...... :D

my only beef is that it would be nice if the terrace wasn't latin music all the time, or maybe had a DJ play for an hour of ambient or latin jazz. I like the terrace, but the music gets to you fairly quickly if it's not your thang.

Also, the security was PERFECT. no attitudes, they were around but out of the way. Everyone was very gracious. Space could learn a thing or two from Privledge...

Originally posted by diabolique007

my only beef is that it would be nice if the terrace wasn't latin music all the time, or maybe had a DJ play for an hour of ambient or latin jazz. I like the terrace, but the music gets to you fairly quickly if it's not your thang.

Also, the security was PERFECT. no attitudes, they were around but out of the way. Everyone was very gracious. Space could learn a thing or two from Privledge...

I have never been on the Terrace but some downtempo/ambient stuff would be a nice change of pace from the main room though. Good suggestion diabolique007.

Originally posted by djrx06

Yup, I heard he spun Friday night at Malios in Tampa......

yeah, but as Confucious. He hasn't done a Lunasol set in years, much to everyones dismay. We rabbitheads would give an arm & a leg to see Lunasol live...

GREAT for coming down off of LSD IMO :cool:

Originally posted by diabolique007

yeah, but as Confucious. He hasn't done a Lunasol set in years, much to everyones dismay. We rabbitheads would give an arm & a leg to see Lunasol live...

GREAT for coming down off of LSD IMO :cool:

lol.....I saw him at a place in Ft. Lauderdale about 3-4 years ago and he spun near outside this place where Jackal and Hyde played a live PA inside. I know that was a lunasol set. it was amazing! He got me into the Theivery Corporation and Kruger and Dorfmeister.....aaahhh!

Originally posted by djdekan

I need honest opion's Here. I left a promising job with a great future, to come work for Privilege. The reasons being 90% of the people who walk through that door apprcieate the music, the friendliness of the staff and of course me :}. Everyone there has welcomed me aboard, loved my ideas and it is a family.

The Main room is a good size, I would say just as big as Shadow Was. Many of you have not seen the terrace which is gorgeous. We will be splitting nights with Friday being House with PM Session (By the way Marco loooking foward to working with you) w/ Latin Music on the Terrace.

Saturdays will be Techno Nights. It such an amazing feeling when a dj like Maurro Picotto understands what a club is trying to do and althugh it may not be a big enough club to hold such a dj, He in the end is doing it for fun.

I went clubbing to Three different places this evening and when I got to privilege I enjoyed the music soooooo much. The Dj kept me guessing and was into what he was doing. This was all before Sean.

IN a time where "Mega" Clubs are being built everwhere, It's so Good to find a place where you feel like your at home and that place is Privilege.

Same way Pete ... and agree 100% with your views/analysis for the venue.

Friday nite will be fun ... for sure. :cool:

Originally posted by djrx06

lol.....I saw him at a place in Ft. Lauderdale about 3-4 years ago and he spun near outside this place where Jackal and Hyde played a live PA inside. I know that was a lunasol set. it was amazing! He got me into the Theivery Corporation and Kruger and Dorfmeister.....aaahhh!

and I missed it? :what: That might've been around the time I got out of the scene for almost two years (minus Zen :rolleyes: )

K & D, TRU DAT!! You like breaks? I cannot get enough of Atomic Hooligan, they scratch, they are MAD with bass, In fact I'm gonna go listen to them right now..l8ters!