Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Disco Funky house

Why do people everywhere like this shit?? I mean if I wanted to listen to this shit, i would just pop in one of my dad's 45's from the disco era. Why is it that alot of people are waring away from the progressive/tribal house with strong basslines.

That is what gets me moving. It seems like every live set these days are too slow and discoey. No edge.!!!!

Originally posted by wonderbread

Why do people everywhere like this shit?? I mean if I wanted to listen to this shit, i would just pop in one of my dad's 45's from the disco era. Why is it that alot of people are waring away from the progressive/tribal house with strong basslines.

That is what gets me moving. It seems like every live set these days are too slow and discoey. No edge.!!!!

because disco funky shoit rocks

did you ever wonder why baskin robins makes 31 flavors of ice cream??? lmfao!!

His last set was amazing at Centrofly

yea it was def one of the best that ive heard from him...

my only complaint was where was his microphone???you cant get the full effect unless you hear him yelling at the dancefloor..

ill bring a mic to avalon if i have to...lol:cool:

when i was in ibiza he had his own night at space and he would be yelling at space at like 7am to keep moving and no one could keep up....he get a huge round of applause from the crowd when he was finished

Originally posted by exit24e

Antoine CLamaran, Has he ever came to ny?

him and Bob Sinclar r my fav dj's. im a french/funky house aficionado...Bob was at Centro not too long ago..but i cant Antoine has ever been to NYC....too bad though..with his tribal and funk sets...he'd tear any venue a new one...

as for the non-funk lovers....theyre heavy metal fans that just moved onto somethin new when metal died...

i also think a lot of people have funky/french house mixed up with gospel/soulful house

cool topic.

I used to love the harder style house with the heavy baselines back in the day but now that kind of music usually gives me a headache. Now mostly all i listen to is the disco/funky house vibe shit. It gets me going just as much if not more than bassline driven shit. I guess its a matter of preference.