Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My First Serious Post Ever

So last night since my boy bailed on my annual birthday dinner at that nice restaurant in the city, Scores, I decided to do something a little different. Last night I saw a movie that might effect my life for the rest of time. I decided to go see the movie everyone has been talking about, The Passion of Christ. Last night was the opening night so I decided to go see it at its latest time to avoid the crowd. Boy was I wrong. I went to a 10:20 showing in New Brunswick and me and my two friends ended up having to sit in the 3rd row from the front. Grant it I got there right when it started I never expected that many people there that late.

So anyway about the movie. It was the best movie ever made. It seemed to really depict the last 12 hours of Jesus' life. My question about the movie still even this morning is why it was made. Those that know the bible it pretty much fits what u learned. Yeh there were a few things that the movie showed that I didnt remember like someone helped Jesus carry the cross. Where I start to wonder is that according to the movie the Jewish people had more to do with his crusifiction then the Romans did (as the bible said). I do not know why Mel Gibson would make something like this to change the beleifs of man kind. I know this movie was made from the scriptures of an anti-semantic nun but I feel with the way Mel Gibson wrote it and produced it many people will feel that this was really the way it was. I feel that this was a story that should not be touched. Also, those with a bad stomach be prepared for the goriest beating you have ever seen. Throughout the movie there was a silence over the crowd. People were in amazement I feel the same way that I was on how well this movie was made. I can guarantee it will be the best made movie of all our time. Once the movie was done a nice applause rang over the theater. It was a masterpiece. Should it have been made? I question that but I do suggest that everyone see it. When I say everyone I dont mean 10 year olds. There were 3 of them behind me and the beatings Jesus takes is nothing for a 10 yr old to see.

Originally posted by stigeleiro

So last night since my boy bailed on my annual birthday dinner at that nice restaurant in the city, Scores, I decided to do something a little different. Last night I saw a movie that might effect my life for the rest of time. I decided to go see the movie everyone has been talking about, The Passion of Christ. Last night was the opening night so I decided to go see it at its latest time to avoid the crowd. Boy was I wrong. I went to a 10:20 showing in New Brunswick and me and my two friends ended up having to sit in the 3rd row from the front. Grant it I got there right when it started I never expected that many people there that late.

So anyway about the movie. It was the best movie ever made. It seemed to really depict the last 12 hours of Jesus' life. My question about the movie still even this morning is why it was made. Those that know the bible it pretty much fits what u learned. Yeh there were a few things that the movie showed that I didnt remember like someone helped Jesus carry the cross. Where I start to wonder is that according to the movie the Jewish people had more to do with his crusifiction then the Romans did (as the bible said). I do not know why Mel Gibson would make something like this to change the beleifs of man kind. I know this movie was made from the scriptures of an anti-semantic nun but I feel with the way Mel Gibson wrote it and produced it many people will feel that this was really the way it was. I feel that this was a story that should not be touched. Also, those with a bad stomach be prepared for the goriest beating you have ever seen. Throughout the movie there was a silence over the crowd. People were in amazement I feel the same way that I was on how well this movie was made. I can guarantee it will be the best made movie of all our time. Once the movie was done a nice applause rang over the theater. It was a masterpiece. Should it have been made? I question that but I do suggest that everyone see it. When I say everyone I dont mean 10 year olds. There were 3 of them behind me and the beatings Jesus takes is nothing for a 10 yr old to see.

Serge:

When I say this I dont want to be thought of anti-semtic in any way, but history is history and we must not forget it or change it. Many accounts of Jesus' death, both in the Gospels and others, all say the same thing.

The teachings of Jesus and his followers angered the Sanhedrin or the Pharisees -- who were the elder Jewish statesmen in Judea. This was well known to the Romans. Thus, in order to avoid an up rising by the Jewish statesmen or any sort of civil unrest, the Romans killed Jesus. Those are the simple facts. I do think , however, you can apportion the blame between the Jews and the Romans.

Now, the great thing about history, which we forget in today's society, is that we can't change it. We should not re-write history to fit our modern day societal or political goals. What we must do is know our history to insure that the mistakes that have been made in the past are not repeated in the future.

Wow...that was way too deep even for me.

Rubas

Originally posted by whataboutme

Serge:

When I say this I dont want to be thought of anti-semtic in any way, but history is history and we must not forget it or change it. Many accounts of Jesus' death, both in the Gospels and others, all say the same thing.

The teachings of Jesus and his followers angered the Sanhedrin or the Pharisees -- who were the elder Jewish statesmen in Judea. This was well known to the Romans. Thus, in order to avoid an up rising by the Jewish statesmen or any sort of civil unrest, the Romans killed Jesus. Those are the simple facts. I do think , however, you can apportion the blame between the Jews and the Romans.

Now, the great thing about history, which we forget in today's society, is that we can't change it. We should not re-write history to fit our modern day societal or political goals. What we must do is know our history to insure that the mistakes that have been made in the past are not repeated in the future.

Rubas

Youre such a fuckin lawyer:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He is whipped repeatedly with canes. Then, the moment when I started seriously tearing up: a device that is basically a cat-o-nine tails with hooks on the ends is introduced. First, the weapon is used on a table, demonstrating its ability to tear chunks of wood. That split-second premature use of that dreadful weapon, before used for its inevitable purpose, builds tension and anticipation for the horror to follow to stratospheric heights in microseconds. What follows is too awful to describe. Suffice it to say that I cringed and cried.

Serge:

Rubas

An interesting point and sort of the origin for anti-semitism: In the gospel of John, after Pilate washes his hands of Jesus, there is a line in the Bible that is used as justification for anti-semitic beliefs. It goes something like this: "And the Jews said, 'Let the blame be on us and all of our decendents'. Basically saying that whatever happens is the Jews fault. I don't think that this is justification for anything because there isn't just one person/people who killed Jesus. It was a combination between the Jewish people, the Romans, and even Jesus' own disciples. Think about this: if Jesus had to die in order to fulfill his mission, no matter what happened, he would have died. You can't say that "if it weren't for the Jews, Jesus wouldn't have died". No matter what, his life would have ended. You can't blame a group of people for God's own plan.

Serge:

Rubas

I agree with the whole "avoidance of uprising" but the uprising was because the Jewish wanted him killed but did not have the authority to do it, so the Romans OK'd it to avoid civil unrest but did not physically do it.................

(that is my understanding, not necessarily fact.................lets face it.....................there is not one person alive today that knows the facts)

Originally posted by stiffler

I agree with the whole "avoidance of uprising" but the uprising was because the Jewish wanted him killed but did not have the authority to do it, so the Romans OK'd it to avoid civil unrest but did not physically do it.................

(that is my understanding, not necessarily fact.................lets face it.....................there is not one person alive today that knows the facts)

This is what I can remember what happend from CCD...oh BTW I am a terrible catholic!

But I heard the movie is :eek:

Originally posted by calebb

He is whipped repeatedly with canes. Then, the moment when I started seriously tearing up: a device that is basically a cat-o-nine tails with hooks on the ends is introduced. First, the weapon is used on a table, demonstrating its ability to tear chunks of wood. That split-second premature use of that dreadful weapon, before used for its inevitable purpose, builds tension and anticipation for the horror to follow to stratospheric heights in microseconds. What follows is too awful to describe. Suffice it to say that I cringed and cried.

This is the exact scene that really got to me.

I ordered tickets on fandango on Monday just so I could see the movie last night. The movie was just so powerful it left me speechless.