Clubplanet Nightlife Community

And the Winner of the Basketball Tourney is............

First before I tell u who won the basketball tourney let me tell you the best competition of the day was between one of Deko's players and one of Circa's player over who was going to score the bartender (she was cute). I will give everyone 10 seconds to guess who was the guy from Circa. 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Yes ur right it was marcomaxim. For the deko team it was non board member Chris Palone. The battle between them was heated. Marco even resorted to the "she is one of the other players girlfriend". that didnt work because Chris asked me and I straightened that right out. Know one won she was still single when the night was over. U will see her working at Circa next to Marco though this week. Hahahaha. Now for the games.

The tourney was phenomenal. The talent was unbelievable. Before u read roddiggas post about the D1 talent mind u he had 2 guys that started from FDU that between the 2 of them they have 1 post on CP. :laugh: :laugh: Well here is the way the tourney ran out. In game 1 on the main court DEKO demolished that shit talking team from Abyss, by 25 I think. I will post scores later on in this thread. Too lazy to go get the sheet. In a barn burner Circa beat South Park by 5. Big ups to Fahti from SP for the first dunk of the tourney. Great coaching by ml2k3 pulling the ball out sealed the victory. In the 2PM bracket, the DJs led by Mike Bugout, Mark Amatucci and Denny Tsettos beat CP. Yes the DJs had their chance to get back at the mouths of CP. Roddiga walked away with face in his hand. He will soon rebound from his defeat. On court 2 at 2. South Park took a commanding 13-0 lead by Joeys made their way back and ended up losing by 3. At 3PM, Club Platinum led by one talented mother fucker almost squeaked out a victory over Abyss. In the long run the fact that Kosta and Demetri own every venue in NJ helped them with all the fan support. On the other court the battle of the message boards was taking place and roddiga and company were there to play. They came out from the opening tip and took it to the Guidos. CP took the victory but that wasnt the last u would here from the fist pumping guidos. At 4PM, team DEKO coming off giving a beaten to its sister club Abyss (at least it felt like our sisters and not our brothers the way they played) played a very good squad in Platinum. DEKO took the W with a very hard fought game. This win automatically advanced deko to the Final Four. On court 2 the biggest blow out of the day took place. Joeys (yes Joeys) laid the biggest beating of the day against Circa. The game was never close. The lose pretty much put Circa out of contention for the wildcard because the lopsided loss effected their points for and against average and gave Joeys the win in bracket #1 since they had the highest points for vs. against average in the bracket. Also, in this game the only other dunk of the tourney happened as Joe Carolla put one down in the winding minutes of the game. At 5:30 the game to decide the other two semifinalists was on. Njguido came back and laid the smack down on the DJs. In credit to the DJs they had a few of their players leave after game 1 for prior engagements. The lopsided win for NJguido made them the winner of bracket #3. Also with this result South Park was able to move in as the wildcard with a points for vs. against of -2.

In the semi-finals made the upset of the day happened. The undersized South Park pulled out a win against previously undefeated DEKO. the loss advanced south park to the finals. In the other semifinal Joeys (the real cinderella team) blew NJguido out led by my little bro. The finals were here and by this time no one was really around. People missed a great final. In a nail biter South Park beat Joeys by 5. Big daddy tourney MVP, Fahti from South Park was dominant.

One last word. For those that said they were coming and didnt show up at all to watch really missed out. These people on the court gave it their all for their team. The next tourney (I think April 26) people come out and see the people that provide their weekend enjoyment do something a little different.

Well time to sign off and remember that is why we play the game.

let me correct you..............i had one kid from CP that played for FDU...........the 6'7" kid never showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my bad..........and he never even posted on CP!!!!!!!!!!, BUT 32OOTS DOES, he is old CP member.................ok so god punished me for trying to cheat................the other kid on the squad was mike russo, great b-ball player but prob has no clue what cp is.................and that HUGE POLACK on my team was our starting OUTSIDE LINEBACKER for FDU!!!!!!!!!!!!, i saw the talent and made a quick call to him and told him i needed a wide body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK, SO digga bent the rules..........like anything i ever do is LAW ABIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least WE BEAT NJGUIDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS NOT LOSING TO MUNCHKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i even broke some kidz ribs and put him in lalalaland just to win!!!!!!!!.................sometimes you have to cheat and take out the opposition to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, IM SORRY, ROD PLAYES "DIRTY"

If I would have been hitting on the "bartender", then I can guarantee that I would have not been around the entire the rest of the day. But, I am very much in love with someone, so I could never hit on anyone else. But Thanks for the props.:laugh: :laugh:

Besides, Ms. Joannie had a leash on me all day and night.

Originally posted by kostaP

Great time great game....Id like to see paystubs from the Joeys team.....and be sure Circa will have some new employees for the next one!!!!!!

I will have to tell u the Joeys team is legit because my little bro hit for like 25 against u and him and his friend Mark work for us hitting the colleges for thursday. Thats right even though I never played Circa yesterday my family came to haunt u. hahahahahah

Originally posted by stigeleiro

I will have to tell u the Joeys team is legit because my little bro hit for like 25 against u and him and his friend Mark work for us hitting the colleges for thursday. Thats right even though I never played Circa yesterday my family came to haunt u. hahahahahah

:mad: :mad: Its ok big daddy wait till the next one.....So wait who won the over all??

Originally posted by stigeleiro

read the first post on this thread.

ADD but i got to the end of it...are you kidding me we beat south park first game....I smell a pay-off....This tourney needs to be re-worked because if the Winner of the Finals got beat by a team that gets outed in game 2 its redic.

Originally posted by kostaP

ADD but i got to the end of it...are you kidding me we beat south park first game....I smell a pay-off....This tourney needs to be re-worked because if the Winner of the Finals got beat by a team that gets outed in game 2 its redic.

that is why the tourney was so successful. because a team that lost their first game rebounded in game 2 and won every game after. remember even the lakers lose. they made it as the wildcard because they kept all their games close. After we beat abyss by 25 we felt real comfortable but South Park showed us that even with our talent they can play like a team and win. Remember South Park beat Joeys the following game it lost to you and Joeys beat u by over 20. Their team gelled at the right time and led them to the championship

Originally posted by marcomaxim

Just wanted to congratualte you on doing a great job putting the tournament together. LOOOOOOOOOOOONG Day, but great time.

Cant wait for the next one.

Thanks Marco I am glad people enjoyed themselves and though I lost about $700 on it I would definitely do it again but this time I will make sure i dont lose.

our loss to the DJ's was an embarassment, but we had no team unity. we obviously came together to beat NJG though.

btw.. my ankle feels like digga was gnawing on it for a couple hours and i have bruises all over my body. some grimey ass play that went on yesterday, but i loved every second of it.

but i'll say this, the highlight of my day was denny tryin to throw in pick on me and just completely running him over and hearing all the air and life escape from his body. hahaha.. bad move.

serg.. major props on yesterday, but next time plz have a stretcher and ambulance on premise for me n toro.

3PM, Club Platinum led by one talented mother fucker almost squeaked out a victory over Abyss.

his name is Steve R.:D we lost by 2 because the score keeper was on his cell phone the whole time but im over it

we all had a great time and would love to be involved in the next tournament

serg...

GREAT JOB organizing the tourney-- i really had a great time--just wish my team would've stayed together b/c i think we could've beat NJ Guido with our full squad and maybe made it more interesting...

CP Ballers--dont be embarsassed--you aint the first team i've run over and you wont be the last ;) NJ Guido-- we want a rematch!! :D

Happy Bday Serg and congrats to SP....i caught the first half of the semis....team looked tight---

Mike

Originally posted by calebb

Who was the leading scorer for the CP team?

toots.. kid drove a mean lane. njg shed 1 too many tears about his skills.

TOOOOOOTTTTTSSSSS!!! i never knew that was you on this board sonny! we have unfinished business in d'jais this summer.

dee.. si, pero mi espanol es por los aves. :(