Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tuesday night review

livin42nite

So last night decide to head to mynt for the dancestar afterparty with og, dt, fk, and moby. Get there and realize you need either a wristband or a black card to get in. Luckily though some girl in the huge ass nonmoving line that I was talking to about the conference says she is tired of waiting and hands me her pass. Wait like 10 minutes and line is still not moving and if you were out last night you know how cold it was. I can't deal with cold and already have the annual winter conference cold starting so I say screw it and decide to check out the other clubs, but not before seeing carmen electra and her husband leaving the club and as good as she looks I'd still take pamela over her after I seen both this month.

Pass by nicky's and it seemed dead and it was way 2 cold for that, crobar's lineup was not 2 impressive, privilege not too happening, and reserved i knew had a good lineup but no idea where it is so stop by mansion after I find a nice lil parking right across the club. Huge line in front of the club and its still freezing. Try to find dave to ask how much cover is and how door situation is, but before I even find him he spots me and gets me in no time and comped so huge thanks to dave for the hook up.

Get in the club and I could not tell who was on, but he was playing pretty well. A short while after Pete tong steps up and plays a pretty good set. Good music, just nothing close to what I've seen from the other talents all weak though a lot of the songs were the same. He did play that amazing remix of tears for fear- shout. Damn thats a great song so if anybody got the id let me know.

As far as the club itself, I don't know if its cause saturday night was 2 packed or if its cause it was cold outside but it seems like the ac problem has been fixed. Was not hot in there last night so hopefully that prob is taken care of. Same goes for the sound seemed better last night, but maybe thats just me. Still one thing I preferred the first night over last night was that first room you see when you enter the club had no music in there saturday night and last night had its seperate music. I actually preferred that area being a place you could just go off too when you get a call or to just chill away from the loud music for a while.

Anyways was a great night at mansion last night. Amazing models all over the place for that bikini fashion show and the place was packed with celebs. Great looking women all over especially that brunette bartender upstairs, thats where I'll be getting my drinks. Club is really the nicest looking club in sobe right now, lighting was great last night, and crowd was great again. Hopefully the place keeps attracting that crowd which Im sure they'll have no prob doing as long as they keep setting up those parties with great visuals such as fashion shows or playboy parties with top dj acts playing. Good luck to the opium group with the place, I think they and crobar are the only thing saving sobe's ass right now from downtown area especially with the new clubs like nocturnal opening.

Originally posted by pod

All I have been authorized to say about that is that Nocturnal will open soon.

Get dade on here or on cj, he been missing in action with the progress on that club. From what I heard place should be open by mid april, but could just be bs spreading.

Crobar downtown should also be fun but thats a long time away from opening ain't it. So maybe you mean later this year might be downtown's time with those two plus space. Hopefully nv keeps on surviving they have lasted much longer then I expected and dt got them some attention so if they shape up for normal hours and not just their afterhours they may be in good shape.

As far as sobe, crobar had the best wmc lineup in my opinion by far. Hopefully they keep up with the great bookings cause the place is still a good club. Nerve had a good lineup as well, but I could never really get into loving that club except for the early days with pm sessions. Nikki beach and mynt surprisingly had great lineups but they for sure will be back to same type of bookings they normally do during the course of the year. Mansion I think will do well if it does not turn into a club all about the music, I think they gotta provide entertainment like those fashion shows/celebrities hosting nights but also with well known djs that will bring in music fans and not send out the large crowd who might not want to hear more underground sounds. Just don't bring in cheese acts. State had a good conference as well from what I hear so hopefully it does well after its slow start.

Originally posted by livin42nite

As far as sobe, crobar had the best wmc lineup in my opinion by far. Hopefully they keep up with the great bookings cause the place is still a good club. Nerve had a good lineup as well, but I could never really get into loving that club except for the early days with pm sessions.

I spent three nights in a row at Crobar:D However, I really dug Nerve's line-up - but we were a little concerned that the club would be just too packed..

NIce review:cool:

Originally posted by laliux

Crobar is still my favorite club hands down....they just need to bring good talent again and I'll be there. Cedric Gervais and Luke Stephan won't make me go at all.

Yeahhh they need to bring back Nick Warren..... and of course, Carl Cox and Erick Morillo:eek:

Originally posted by pod

Morillo is at Space, and Nick is a Nerve resident now...

Carl Cox is unattached as of right now...

If what I am hearing is correct . . . Morrilo and Space are done . . . Morillo is not happy with LP right now and hence this is why he did not play on the patio.