Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cyberia last Friday

Well most people know who live on Long Island that if you can't get to the City the one place to go to get that "feel" at least somewhat is a place called Cyberia in Farmigdale. Now some of you may remember this as "Market Square" a few years back.

Well since they kicked Justin Time out (which I thought at the time was a real bad move) they have become a sort of "feature" place with differnt DJ's every Friday night.

This not only increases the versitility of the crowds but helps in keeping each time you go a little different.

Last Friday was no different and in my perception was one of the best times I have been their, the music was outstanding, DJ Boris was great (he usually is when he wants to be) the place used some light effects etc... and the crowd was good too.

cwm7.gif

in all honesty i can't really deal w/ that place on a friday night. its like that juicehead crowd. saturdays used to be a cool warm up spot for the city and it was the biggest pick up scene on the face of the planet. of course this was a long time ago, before i found the l.o.m.l.(hi sweetie)

your right it definetly is a great party for the island, but just resembles too much of a factory crowd for my taste

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

For Long Island I have to admit Cyberia isn't too bad. Since my parents live out in Farmingdale when I go visit them it's convenient for me to just go there instead of going back to the city to party. Although one time I went there and they had all these 70's artists (like Sister Sledge) performing and the average age of the crowd was in their mid to late thirties. It was kind of amusing.

Originally posted by cesarleo:

I AGREE, IT IS A FACTORY TYPE CROWD AND ALL, BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM AN LI JOINT. I MIGHT CHECK IT OUT IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THE ONE GREAT THING ABOUT THE PLACE IS DRINKS ARE EASY TO GET AND THEY USUALLY MAKE THEM PRETTY STIFF.

true, like i said, its cool that a place on long island is trying. the lighting system in there is actually really good if you look at it, just doesn't seem to do much b/c its so bright in there to begin w/. what they need to do is spend less on the lights and do something about the horrid sytstem.

have you checked out roxy yet? i heard it bombed big time.

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

Ooh ooh lets go Rob!

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by lowmazda:

Maybe go back to Cyberia cwm1.gif

huh?

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

Guest chinagirl

i went to cyberia fri to hear boris also and he was incredible, the crowd was a little of that night. I go a lot since its 10 min from my house, its really not that bad. i think its gotten better since justin time left. Jason Ojeda played 2 or 3 weeks ago for his b-day and it was incredible, the music the people the dancers. people should definatly check it out. cwm9.gifcwm9.gifcwm9.gif

Ok I would like to clear up a misconception on this post I NEVER ment a comparison on the SF an Cybria !

As a matter of fact I find the responses insinuating that the two crowds being similar very amusing, because the majority of the club-goers at SF are on drugs.

Whereas Cyberia lends itself to more timid partying.

Just wanted to clear that one up

cwm1.gif

[This message has been edited by eldude (edited 10-24-2000).]

there are plenty of people on drugs at cyberia, don't know what you've been paying attention to.

and the crowd is the exact same crowd as factory

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

I went in Sept. The night Jana was live and Boris spun. I saw maybe a few people drinking water. IT was basically a drinking crowd. Heheh. I thought I was going to get my ass kicked in the bathroom. I was filling up my water bottle and it got stuck under the faucet. I had to squeeze it to get it unstuck. Sprayed all over the mirror and on a few kids waiting online to go piss. Quite funny though. A few people were laughing. Otherwise the music was decent.

Archived