Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hamas yassin killed

babbo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yassin Letter Urged Arabs to Resist Israel, U.S.

By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA, Gaza Strip (Reuters) - Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin appealed to Arab leaders to do all they could to help oppose Israel and U.S forces occupying Iraq (news - web sites) in a letter written shortly before he was killed by an Israeli missile.

Reuters

Slideshow: Mideast Conflict

Yassin's message, obtained by Reuters Tuesday, was addressed to the upcoming Arab League summit in Tunis. Hamas officials said it would still be sent. Sworn to destroy Israel, the Islamic group has been behind scores of suicide bombings.

"Palestine is an Arab and a Muslim land that was occupied by force of arms by the Zionist Jews and it will not be returned except through force of arms," Yassin wrote.

"We urge you to stop all sorts of normalization with this enemy, to close down its embassies, its consulates, its commercial offices."

Arab countries, most of which have no links with Israel, widely condemned the assassination of wheelchair-bound Yassin. He was killed as he left a mosque in Gaza City, provoking vows of bloody revenge.

Yassin also urged Arab countries to give whatever help they could to Iraqis "until they are liberated from the American occupation."

"Helping Iraq and its people is a help to the Palestinian cause and to the Palestinian people," he said.

Hamas says it has no direct links to the Iraqi resistance, but sympathizes with what it sees as a common cause, especially given that the United States is Israel's main ally.

Washington denied Hamas claims it knew in advance of the plan to kill Yassin, but did not condemn the assassination, as many other countries did.

Signing off his letter, Yassin wrote "That was my advice to you and I pray to God to unite your ranks for the good of the (Arab) nation."

I think the Hamas is an horriffic organization & needs to be stopped BUT nation-states cannot go around assassinating leaders b/c they feel it's justified......it really bothers me that Israel is taking credit for this. Countries cannot just unilaterally take out anyone they feel is justified that is just not how it works. Israel has set a horrible precedent in its attempt at vigel ante justice, it's embarrassing for what attempts to be a civilized countries. I understand that Israel/Palestine is a warzone and differnet rules apply, but it just seems like it will inevitably make things much worse. I don't understand why Israel didn't just do it in a clandestine operation and then deny the whole thing --- sure everyone would knew they did it but it doesn't look as bad and the whole thing could have been downplayed......there is no downplaying this.

*btw - sorry bout the grammar i typed this in a crazy hurry.

Killing this guy will do nothing but give the palestinians more reason to kill Israelis. And I hear they may strike us over this, Im still wondering WTF we support Israel, its not our fight, I say we stop all funding of the IOF and let the two babies duke it out themselves.

Both the pals and israelis sound like two little children claiming they are validated in their violence because "he hit me first" Both sides need to grow the fuck up already.

Originally posted by joeygk

I think the Hamas is an horriffic organization & needs to be stopped BUT nation-states cannot go around assassinating leaders b/c they feel it's justified......it really bothers me that Israel is taking credit for this. Countries cannot just unilaterally take out anyone they feel is justified that is just not how it works. Israel has set a horrible precedent in its attempt at vigel ante justice, it's embarrassing for what attempts to be a civilized countries. I understand that Israel/Palestine is a warzone and differnet rules apply, but it just seems like it will inevitably make things much worse. I don't understand why Israel didn't just do it in a clandestine operation and then deny the whole thing --- sure everyone would knew they did it but it doesn't look as bad and the whole thing could have been downplayed......there is no downplaying this.

*btw - sorry bout the grammar i typed this in a crazy hurry.

so....usa should not be taking out bin ladin???