Clubplanet Nightlife Community

prenup...

Originally posted by Destiny

No of course I wouldn't take offense to it. You can arrange a prenup the way both of you are comfortable with it. Personally, I think it's a good idea.

Why :confused:

I thought it was "Till death do we part"?

I know im against it, because the woman i marry will be the woman i stay with for the rest of my life. No need to complicate matters with a Pre-nup.

We simply won't need one.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I know im against it, because the woman i marry will be the woman i stay with for the rest of my life. No need to complicate matters with a Pre-nup.

Okay here's the thing

It is supposed to be death do us part, however things happen. You wont know 100 percent that the person you're going to marry is the one youre going to be with for the rest of your life. You can feel it with all your heart, and I fully believe in a forever life long marriage and everything. But things do happen, and sometimes you don't know theyre coming. I personally choose to believe in the power of marriage, however i also believe some bitter ex takin me for all I'm worth...If something happens, you don't lose everything you've ever worked for, including your marriage, in a small amount of time.

Originally posted by gmccookny

smurf,

you are setting yourself up to get hurt really bad by some chica. expect the unexpected...

Originally posted by dgmodel

do you think its wrong to have a prenup???

not at all... i wouldn't marry her, otherwise...

the courts are more partial to women and it just gets much worse if kids are involved...

I believe in a merge of emotions, not finances.

besides... any slut interested in me is either after money or eye surgery... ;)

Originally posted by joeg

the courts are more partial to women and it just gets much worse if kids are involved...

I believe in a merge of emotions, not finances.

... ;)

yeah dude..

my mom's b/f's coworker (an oral surgeon) is paying $2000/WEEK!!!

That's ludicris. Espec. When you're doling out cash to someone you don't even see anymore.

And to destiny and iamme:

Marriage is a life-long commitment. I believe that, of the 50% of marriages that end in divorce, at least half were done not out of love, but for some other reason. (whether they rushed into it, married at too young an age, etc...)

I realize that things can change over time, but if you truly love the person, how much can change?/?>

I dont want to be another statistic, and am going to take my time to find the right woman for me. Therefore, i see no need in a prenuptual agreement.

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

I have mixed feelings on this subject. However, by asking to sign a prenup, I feel like the person who is asking doesn't have 100% trust and faith in the marriage. So it's basically not about the topic at hand..just more about finding it offensive.

THat's how i feel.

why start out a marriage with an argument over who gets what if it doesn't work out:confused:

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

I have mixed feelings on this subject. However, by asking to sign a prenup, I feel like the person who is asking doesn't have 100% trust and faith in the marriage. So it's basically not about the topic at hand..just more about finding it offensive.

I'm with you on this one sista!

If i'm paying some C-bag $2000/week, she better atleast have the common courtesy to give me the reacharound.... ;)

and george... keep one thing in mind: "The road to hell is paved with good intention"

or as the Wu might say: "PROTECT YA' GOD DAMN NECK"

;)

Originally posted by dgmodel

do you think its wrong to have a prenup??? ladies would you take offense if your husband wanted to sign a prenup???

i dont think i could present it to her. the only scenarios i could think otherwise would be marrying someone who already has their own children from a previous marriage, or if i had some sort of family business that i wanted to keep in the family. but my gf already said she dont want any of my shit.

If i'm paying some C-bag $2000/week, she better atleast have the common courtesy to give me the reacharound.... ;)

and george... keep one thing in mind: "The road to hell is paved with good intention"

or as the Wu might say: "PROTECT YA' GOD DAMN NECK"

;)

THat's some good advice, joeg

i used to be very naive and not see the hidden mischeviousness in people's candy-coated friendliness.

But i have learned a lot the last few years about people's words and their actions, and how you only know the true person after a long time.

;)

IF I ever got married...I'd definetally get one

Money is the root of all evil.....& Even though you might think you know a person....When circumstances involve money..belongings ect..people change real fast!!!

I plan on working equally as hard as my husband to provide a happy, comfortable life for the both of us...& if it so happens we divorce....I wouldn't want either one walking away w/ everything or nothing

Originally posted by sweetie029

IF I ever got married...I'd definetally get one

Money is the root of all evil.....& Even though you might think you know a person....When circumstances involve money..belongings ect..people change real fast!!!

I plan on working equally as hard as my husband to provide a happy, comfortable life for the both of us...& if it so happens we divorce....I wouldn't want either one walking away w/ everything or nothing

I think people are the root of all evil... money just makes the world go 'round... ;)

I don't think money is the root of all evil. It's what people do with money that can lead to evil things.

And I still stand by my opinion that i wouldn't want one. You know any discussion about a pre nup will most likely lead to an argument ("What, YOU want the car if we get a divorce".. What, that's MY mink coat. You can't have that if we split")

I mean, how does that sound to start off a marriage :blank:

I guess i should have had a pre-nuptual with my new roomates before we bought the apartment, cuz we all split the cost of this 35'' JVC flatscreen, but when we go our separate ways, I want the TV :mad:

I think people are the root of all evil... money just makes the world go 'round... ;)

ironically enough i feel that love is the root of all evil... now before you laugh and consider this the thoughts of a mad man... think about it... love of your country, love for your religion have started more wars in history than anything i could think of, love of money love of material things has cause more ppl to become corrupt than anything i can think of, love of women or significant other has lead to more infidelity or fights and even murders than anything else i can think of, love of getting high or being drunk, love of power, love of anything if you think about has lead to some of the greatest disasters or causes of pain and heartbreak than almost anything i can think of...