Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David morales@SPirit 4/3/04 review

Well just got to work from closing the show morlaes played until 7:02am which means i was in that club a total of 8 1/2hrs. The opening dj was i believe dj webster hes also part of the defmix crew he was decent. First off the door policy is one serious fuckign joke. While on the guestlist line i heard them tell people on the regulkar line "OK SEPERATE COUPLES ON SIDE SINGLE MEN ON THE OTHER AND SINGLE LADIES WALK THIS WAY" what kind of horse shit is that. I really hate door policies at certain places. Thank god most of the places i usually go to theres no drama.

Anyhow this was my first time at 27st since twilo closed and im very dissapointed by almost everything in there except for where the djs were spinning on teh stage tonite. Its an awesome site to see the djs in front fo you everytime and not like 100ft in the air. Anyhow lots of beautiful women indeed but WHO GIVES A DAMN there only there to show themselvesd off to each ther and men so they dont count. It was like i think 65 percent people jsut having a good time and 35 percent for morales. Such a shame.

Morales started off incredible and after about 4 or so i dont know what he was doing. He even played DARK BEAT which me and ym friends were like whats he doing? And as usual the dragon ballz heads were singign the song lol. Anyhow he played his "HOW WOULD YOU FEEL TRAKC" which i dont care what time it is it makes you dance. Overall i think he was much better at sbny and from what i heard of certain takcs he was better at the WMC. i THINK he reads the crowd and he wasnt over all into it thats just my opinion of course didnt get to talk to him much after he was done to ask him. Place was packed i had a blast dancing all over the main floor. Talked to hector romero and he said him adn satoshi tomiie will play their in may so i guess thats when i will be back to spirit. Just not my type of place i guess. But there was so many eye candy and i would be lying if i didnt say i lost count fo how many erections i got tontie hehe.

Oh yeah the best part of the night was defintely when the SHELTER dancers showed up and just left everyone with thier mouths open and eyes bulging. Musically i was expecting more deep house but he played a tad of it and more progressive i think. This is my 4th night in a row out so im kinda deaf lol. Anyhow i met a few people but now i cant remember who lol thanks for being cool adn having fun with me. See ya around.

Im sure there will be better reviews than mines but this is just waht i was feeling right now. I just love BEING MYSELF.

I really liked Morales' music. He's one of best vocal house DJs. I liked some of his progressive tracks, works nice in his style but obvs other DJs will go a lot harder. I liked the crowd, pretty friendly and energetic, lots of cute babes. Door was no prob for me- comp. Security was too intrusive, always saying cant stand in front of speaker. I agree Morales was killing from 1:30-4- ish, then got unpredictable- rudderless- and too pop. I dont need Eurhythmics sweet dreams anymore. There were a couple played out songs like "Finally' sure it was great in 2000 but its overcooked. Morales played half great stuff 4:-6-ish. the other half was less hot. overall I had a great time, i like his general house style, melodic, rhythmic, disco-y. When Spirit brings in top class talent like Morales I'll be back. if uv never heard Morales play out live, youre missing out. I think he plays a better house style than Morillo: Morales ear for melody and DJ skills are serious business.

peas n carrots

my first time in spirit and it was a great night with Morales

just the security at the door gave us a hard time.... took such a long time to get inside......but once we got in we forgot all about it

great night

I was very glad to see so many people dancing.... it was so wonderful to see so many people having a good time ;)