Clubplanet Nightlife Community

small hangout lounge? looking for suggestions

Anyone have suggestions for small venues (free + inexpensive drinks) similiar to Tribe and not looking for bars like Bar None? nothing compared to WH ($9 for drinks!! arrghh) or Black of course, but need a cozy (it can be very crowded at times) lounge to just hang. Thanks!!

Originally posted by ac07080

Anyone have suggestions for small venues (free + inexpensive drinks) similiar to Tribe and not looking for bars like Bar None? nothing compared to WH ($9 for drinks!! arrghh) or Black of course, but need a cozy (it can be very crowded at times) lounge to just hang. Thanks!!

No Malice Palace.

i went to one last night which i was/am very impressed with.. it's on 6th ave about a block north of white street.. and some hotel with a lounge in it called church lounge.. church lounge sucks.. but the good lounge is about 2 blocks north on 6th.. good times.. no cover.. lounge/bar with a dj spinning hiphop and rock.. can't go wrong.. can't remember the name because i had too many drinks.. hope this helps

ps barnone is where people that cant get into wh go.. both places suck

well being that it seems like everyone is telling you to go to thier parties, jsut cause their promoters for it hehe. Well at least most responses. Um normally on thursday i go to sin sin for the playground party. Its no cover and good music from the playground djs. fris i just started to go to flow b4 i hit up arc.Bit this fridaywill be at opium den. sat im a club head sorry. But if you need suggestions for other nights let me know.

Please don't offense ...

Will check out:

No Malice Palice (no cover, never been to it)

Uncle Mings (suggested by others as well)

Will pass on:

Karma (smoking)

Sullivan Room (I hear beer/drinks are $8 and up + cover charge)

More info (cover charge/guestlist/music):

Arc

SinSin

Hopefully this list will have even more suggestions ... thanks!

anyone have feedback for the following:

Angel

FuelRay

Onyx

Fuel

Trust

angel is nice...long and narrow, kinda really cramped around the bar...didnt like

Fuel is a mix of ex nyu'er and some locals...has a bar, and a big lounge room. pretty big...its ok i guess

trust is depending on the night...sometimes u get the meatpackign crowd sometimes u dont. the spot is nice, but def. stuffy.

Fuelray and Onyx neva been to. stay between aves 1 - C and you'll have a good time.

oh u may like Pioneer..its a decent pickup bar...but not really a place to lounge...

• 2 weeks later...

:(

Ok, so we decided to check out Uncle Ming's at 2am last night (Saturday), and we left disappointed. The music was bad (DJ wasn't even in the booth) if that was the booth right above the entrance to the 2nd floor. There were only 20 people there including the bartenders. Cocktails and shots were 8 and 5 respectively, so it was ok. Just want to give our opinion. Hopefully the next place we check out will be better.

• 8 months later...