Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj Heather @ Sullivan Room Sat. 4/10?

On SULLIVAN ROOM's webpage, they list DJ HEATHER (Nordic Trax) at Sullivan Saturday April 10.

Is this booking still on?? If so, i'm surprised no one has mentioned it: Heather is one of the best Chicago House DJs, and she rarely comes to NYC [even tho she's a Brooklyn native--fact!].

The sets I've heard from Heather over the last year have been nothing short of fantastic, [including an Essential Mix that made all of the UK sit up and dance] she has polished her technique like never before and her record bag seems to contain every Chicago jackin' funky house 12" since 1994 at least!!

This lady pulls out rhythmic bombs lefT AND RIGHT, AND THE WAY SHE MIXES THEM UP WILL HAVE YOU SAYING

'I see why she's been playing alongside Derrick Carter almost weekly for 5 years":

Heather has reached the upper echelons of Chicago House DJs and anybody who cares about the past present & future of the almighty House That Jack Built will represent and come correct for Heather at Sullivan Room saturday night--that is if we can get a confirmation that this booking is still on!! It's on SULLIVAN ROOM's website!

What time does the headline DJ usually start at Sullivan? How late does the room go;: 4:00 am...???

thanks!!!!

DJ Heather's set at Sullivan saturday night was extraordinary. She has risen several notches to join the utmost elite House DJs alive. Her record selection is mouth watering, seemingly every major Chicago house 12" SINCE 1994 AT LEAST. and her percussive mixes to introduce new tunes is one of the most dynamic and distinctive techniques Ive heard since Derrick carter & DJ Sneak sets. Heather deserves to be listed among those exalted names from now on. She also smoothes it out with some midtempo r&b and then brings the hard beats back in again & again.

Sullivans subterranean environs and a cool, music-oriented crowd made for a true house party with the freshest sounds, , the likes of which i havent seen since the early/mid-90s rave days when juan atkins or todd terry would play their disco-y soul tunes for a knowledgable and intimate warehouse/loft crowd.

anyone wlucky enough to attend sullivan on saturday knows what Im talking about: the mood was infectious and heather's soundtrack and skills made it an outta sight night.

We've got to bring Heather back to NYC more often, she has reached the uper echelon of house DJs and is ready to show NYC, USA & the world that House music is our past our present & definitely our future. Heather's music & skills are inspiring and mightily impressive.

can someone post a picture of her please. Reason being cause i met a heather hart a few weeks ago at sapphire. We dance and had a great time togeter, she was suppose to spin that night later on but i had to leave. We were suppose to get togehter but lsot contact info. She told me shes from brooklyn. So im kinda curious to see if its the same person.

"DJ HEATHER" is on Nordic trax records, u can google & look up her new mix cd & pics. she plays worldwide incl UK essential mix.

She is african-american. She is associated with chicago 7 the Chicago house scene where she lives.

"Heather Heart" is an NYC DJ, techno I think. she came out of the sonic groove crew and I believe she is caucasion.

I think both are Brooklyn/born??