Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just how private are e-mails?/?

georgym

I was thinking about sending someone an email today, but i had some private things i wanted to say.

Then it dawned on me, just how private are emails that we send friends, family, and llama's?

Does the gov't see it? Some internet geek at AOL? Or does it go straight to the receiver, like it should :confused:

Email is passed in clear text actually anyone that knows how to sniff traffice on your node can read it and there is always a copy on the incoming and outgoing email servers. they have to store them just incase something happened and the authorities needed them. but to answer you question yes an admin of the server could read them if they wanted to.

Damn, i think that's fucked up...

So when you send a highly sexual email to a lover, some fat ass eating potato chips is reading it too

So when you're planning to buy some woodchips, and email the distributor, some nerd flunky is reading that too

Geeez, gotta love freedom :half:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Damn, i think that's fucked up...

So when you send a highly sexual email to a lover, some fat ass eating potato chips is reading it too

So when you're planning to buy some woodchips, and email the distributor, some nerd flunky is reading that too

Geeez, gotta love freedom :half:

stop whining and encrypt it

Originally posted by gmccookny

I was thinking about sending someone an email today, but i had some private things i wanted to say.

Then it dawned on me, just how private are emails that we send friends, family, and llama's?

Does the gov't see it? Some internet geek at AOL? Or does it go straight to the receiver, like it should :confused:

no matter who or where you send something it doesnt go directly to the person... to the best of my knowledge hypothetically speaking youre on aol, if you send a msg to someone it goes to aol first then aol sends it to someone... whether or not someone reads it is a different story... with over how many users i doubt it would make sense to read everyone one of them... but im sure they are logged, and can be accessed at any time if something where to happen... ie. terrorist attack, missing persons, commited a crime etc.