Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last minute hook-up lands Funk in the middle of...

funketeer

stomp.gif:eek:

I had heard that it was amazing, but I never thought it would be THAT GOOD! :aright:

I got a call from some friends at around 9pm, they had an extra ticket for me to join them and see Stomp at the Jackie Gleason...nice!!! Not to be cheap or anything, but a $60 ticket for free is nothing to just let pass...so I walked the 3 1/2 blocks that separate my crib from the theatre and there I was! :D

These guys are off-da-hook, they would make music with the wirdest things...they have this one routine with Zippo lighters that's really incredible...they bring the lights out and then they light the Zippos in perfect coordination...then there's this other one they do with water-cooler bottles, sweet sounds...the show lasted about 1 1/2 hours and it was very entertaining all the way through...I anyone has the chance to go see Stomp, I recomend it highly...amazing!

Big up to my friends, thanks! :)

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER :cool:

I have a funny story about Stomp.

Some freinds and I were out in the clubs in Nashville a couple of years ago. It was my 2 friends and I, and I started talking to this girl who was hot. After a little while of chatting, she asked me if I had any rolls. She said her and her freinds were headed to another club and wanted some. Our two groups hook up and and she gets on the phone and calls a ride. I thought she was calling a taxi. It turns out, she was calling her manager, since they were the entire cast of Stomp. A limo pulls up at the club, to take us to another club, a guy is already in the limo and he has all the good they were looking for. We get in the limo, drive around Nashville for about 30 minutes in a limo, while they do some blow and rolls. Then we all go to the club and danced the night away. Then my friends and I crashed at the hotel, which was rediculous, it was the Penthouse of Opreyland, and it was massive. Our Breakkfeast the next morning for like 10 of us was $400. Thankfully they picked up the bill.

Maybe that is the secret to the good shows.:laugh: