Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Im back from Spinning in Canada!!

http://www.*************.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=45411

There are the pics if your interested in ************* (dance floor section) forum under "pics from canada" by DJ Melissa Nikita.

I had a hell of a weekend. My mind was not where it was supposed to be until after I dropped my set. Friday night I couldnt find my birth certificate and didnt think I was going to be able to get on the plane. I found a copy of it and that worked out after all. We got on the plane in NYC and there were only 5 other people flying. There was a total of like 7 people on our 747 plane to Montreal. Me and Michael (my boyfriend) were laying on top of eachother the whole flight, switching seats to get more comfortable. It was hilarious. Once in Canada, it took us an hour to fuckin switch planes. The airport hallways are like 4 miles each way.. lol. We hitched a ride with a airport guy on a airport golf cart We took a small plane to Quebec. That was a journey in itself. I felt like a rock star walking on the runway to get onto my plane.

Once in Quebec, the hotel the paid for for me to stay in was pretty phat. We had a king size bed and stuff. Nice size bathtub too. The food was great at this steak house we ate in. And the best part of the whole trip was we didnt pay for a thing. I saved all of my receipts and was reinbursed for everything I did including all cab rides. Even after I lost all my receipts...

After our well needed nap, we got up and I got some bad phone news about a friend. It felt like nothing was going right for me so it made me more nervous. Me and Michael packed up my stuff and headed to the rave. Yes, It was a rave like you would see in a movie. It was being held in a church. It was a fuckin mission. We couldnt find the fuckin place. It took us like 40 minutes to get it straight and we had to ask kids we seen in the street. Finally finding the spot, and a 30 dollar cab ride.. we were ready to party. The line as redicilious outside the church. The church was HUGE. They did a great job with decor. There was light shows on every floor. Sound was brought in (JBL's) and movie screens up behind the booths and stuff. Pretty sick actually. The promoter emailed me this morning for the final tally and there was 5500 people there.

My set was at 5:30 am. Which was prime time there. The rave went until 3pm Sunday afternoon. I had some bullshit with equipment right before my set literally. At like 5:25am I was stressed and nervous... afraid I didnt hook up some of my shit the right way and I never tested it. Well, I was stupid for stressing. I went on a 5:30am. another DJ made this intro CD for all the DJ's which was cool. At least they got to hear my name and knew I was from New York City. Michael was a big help in keeping me calm. Just having him next to me the entire night kept me at a good pace. I opened with Patrick Skoog - The Returning. The place erupted. People were smashed up against the stage were I was spinning. I progressed quickly into some hard shit. Sort of like the last 2 hours of my Tech Tuesday shows. I dropped a lot of Michaels CD's because thats the tech I like. The people went crazy. Everyone was dancing and cheering my name. A lot of people came up to Micheal to talk to him about the music and stuff. They didnt even care that we didnt know french. It was absolute insanity. I feel it was a great set. Michael took some phat pictures. Im gonna get them developed today or tomorrow. Ill post some.

I had a great time and played well. I had one mess up but it was only noticable to myself and Michael. I covered it well and dropped all the knobs carefully. So not one even realized. Everyone was dancing and no one even looked up. I closed with Glenn Wilson - Etched. At the end of my set I had people cheering me through the crowd and begging me to stay on. It was a great feeling..... To move another part of the world like that through music. Fuckin take that feeling to my grave. I got paid more money than they were supposed to pay me and they reinbursed even Michael for whatever money he spent. The promoter said you guys were invited here therefore you dont pay for a thing. It was very nice of him to do that.

All and all things went so well. Michael... you are the best and I cant even begin to tell you how much I loved having you next to me. Just turning around during the set and seeing you there enjoying the set with the crowd was amazing. Thanks for coming with me and thanks for helping me out with everything. The crowd loved you as much as they loved the music. You dont know how to speak french, but for some reason was able to communicate with everyone and got shit done. lol.

Im glad I had you to share this experience with. I couldnt have wanted it any other way. You are the one person in this world that shares the same appreciation with me about this kind of music and its even better becuase I get to love you at the same time. Thanks and thanks for the review. Always glad to know you enjoyed the set and the party.

Next stop.... Holland