Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To all Staten Islanders

Guest djeffect

Good luck! People have been trying to throw good house parties in SI for YEARS w/ no luck...

All you are going to get is a wack ass hip hop crowd that all have the same hair cut! :confused:

It worked back in the day for awhile but things have changed..hip hop rules the world now..sad but true:(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by illbill76

Good luck! People have been trying to throw good house parties in SI for YEARS w/ no luck...

All you are going to get is a wack ass hip hop crowd that all have the same hair cut! :confused:

It worked back in the day for awhile but things have changed..hip hop rules the world now..sad but true:(

this is so true..... but fortunately at my party @ Martini Red I have not had a Hip-Hop crowd at all.... and in the last few months I have been doing the party only once did some ask for different music and it was not hip hop... they asked for some classic rock which was kool.

Guest djeffect

yes, i'm giving away free cds, no bullshit.

i think you guys aren't getting it, here are two groups of dj's giving you, yes you, a house nite, to come to on si, and all most of you have to say is good luck, that's why there is no scene here

. this place with 75 ppl is almost packed, i'm sure we can do that

jeez, come on guys support a nite, and maybe things will change

on the island, and more spots will do it. you guys support the clubs in manhattan, i know i see alot of you there, why can't you suppor a nite on your home turf, i'm talking the way you want it

, the music you want, and the crowd you want. forget about the

hip hop crowd, i'm talking about you (yes, you).

by the way, they usually don't have a hip hop crowd there, it's either rock, or house as dj kinky said. but it was a weird nite

djkinky email me your ph # . i'd like to talk

sorry but i think you have to come to the realization that if you wanted to throw a party you would have better luck in the city.. i know you're trying to bring house music to staten island, but i think it's a lost cause.. staten island used to have pretty decent parties from what i hear about 6-7-8 years back but that era is over and done with... also, i dont think it's just house that can't take off in staten island, i think it's all genre's.. are there really any hiphop parties worth going to here either?? do you see people coming from queens or brooklyn to go out in staten island?? i don't know why but i don't like going out in other boroughs aside from manhattan.. i would never set foot in the bronx to go out and im not too thrilled about going into brooklyn to go out.. i havent done it yet, but im not completely closed off to that idea.. i usually just go out in si either to dannyboy's or jimmy maxx for a few drinks during the summer.. oh and curves.. cant forget about curves.. :eek: i think you're party may have some success during the summer months if it were on like a wednesday or a thursday.. when people want to go out but don't want to go too far..

i personally cant make it because i really have no friends in staten island.. most of my friends are scattered over new jersey or away at school.. i have a few staten island friends but they are the sit at the bar types, not the go out and hear good music types.. well,ive written way too much here.. but goodluck with the party

Originally posted by djeffect

yes, i'm giving away free cds, no bullshit.

i think you guys aren't getting it, here are two groups of dj's giving you, yes you, a house nite, to come to on si, and all most of you have to say is good luck, that's why there is no scene here

. this place with 75 ppl is almost packed, i'm sure we can do that

jeez, come on guys support a nite, and maybe things will change

on the island, and more spots will do it. you guys support the clubs in manhattan, i know i see alot of you there, why can't you suppor a nite on your home turf, i'm talking the way you want it

, the music you want, and the crowd you want. forget about the

hip hop crowd, i'm talking about you (yes, you).

by the way, they usually don't have a hip hop crowd there, it's either rock, or house as dj kinky said. but it was a weird nite

djkinky email me your ph # . i'd like to talk

check your email.....

Originally posted by oldtimer

sorry but i think you have to come to the realization that if you wanted to throw a party you would have better luck in the city.. i know you're trying to bring house music to staten island, but i think it's a lost cause.. staten island used to have pretty decent parties from what i hear about 6-7-8 years back but that era is over and done with... also, i dont think it's just house that can't take off in staten island, i think it's all genre's.. are there really any hiphop parties worth going to here either?? do you see people coming from queens or brooklyn to go out in staten island?? i don't know why but i don't like going out in other boroughs aside from manhattan.. i would never set foot in the bronx to go out and im not too thrilled about going into brooklyn to go out.. i havent done it yet, but im not completely closed off to that idea.. i usually just go out in si either to dannyboy's or jimmy maxx for a few drinks during the summer.. oh and curves.. cant forget about curves.. :eek: i think you're party may have some success during the summer months if it were on like a wednesday or a thursday.. when people want to go out but don't want to go too far..

i personally cant make it because i really have no friends in staten island.. most of my friends are scattered over new jersey or away at school.. i have a few staten island friends but they are the sit at the bar types, not the go out and hear good music types.. well,ive written way too much here.. but goodluck with the party

you expressed some very good points.... I think that if the party is promoted right then it can definitely work on staten island....

When we started our party at martini Red we FIRST had a Art Exhibit at our promoters loft where we showcased some short films, paintings, and video installations. We promoted both the Art exhibit and the after party at Martini Red with great success.We also where able to get the local business to sponsor the event.....

I believe we had around 100 people show up to Martini Red after the art exhibit. Which for S.I. is allot!

I think that if some planning is done before hand then any party can have a succeful night. Sure after that one big event our number have decreased but we still average around 50 heads.

IT takes time to build a party but with good planning and proper promoting anything is possible...

hey djeffect, I play with Kinky at Martini...

Just want to say to keep at it, people will come. Not everyone wants to travel into Manhattan every night, so you just have to stay consistant with realistic expectations and the word will spread to those who would want to come.

Either way just have some fun, you can really play whatever you want and be creative with it.

Try to come through this Saturday, we do a house party the last weekend of every month, like my partner said its been good so far running.

As far as that hiphop crowd... there might have been a HH party the week b4 and they came back for more.

Originally posted by thomaskm1

hey djeffect, I play with Kinky at Martini...

Just want to say to keep at it, people will come. Not everyone wants to travel into Manhattan every night, so you just have to stay consistant with realistic expectations and the word will spread to those who would want to come.

Either way just have some fun, you can really play whatever you want and be creative with it.

Try to come through this Saturday, we do a house party the last weekend of every month, like my partner said its been good so far running.

As far as that hiphop crowd... there might have been a HH party the week b4 and they came back for more.

Hey T,

Did you guys evermeet up last night at thre Industrial Ranch....

O

Guest djeffect

ok, here's the deal, next party is already booked, will be announe d soon, i will give away cd's to the first 20 - 25 ppl

in the oor with a password, so i know you came from cp

i need you guys to email me , so i can give you the password.

and i'm putting some of my best stuff on this cd, for you guys. all new stuff, some stuff nobodyto has. if you want to start emailing

, so i can out you on my list, djeffect@yahoo.com.

support djkinky this weekend, checkout the place.

just keep the thread going, i will keep posting as well,

lets get a house scene going here in si, and show these lounges and bars what si, can really be, i know you guys can do it, it's not a big island, and not a big drive for everyone.

you are getting a no cover nite, so far, and drink specials, good

house music, and free cd's in the future. no where can you get that. no where.

just to be clear, this weekend there are no free cd's, unless djkinky wants to give some out of his stuff, it's his nite there

talk to you all soon

djEFFECT

Originally posted by exit24e

I might be stuck on the Island this saturday so lets see if i can make it.

You know Oliva from downshift?

does this person have a show on DSR? if so what night? the name does not sounds familiar....

NO, didn't make it, could not get in touch with A. Still want to get something set for saturday day perhaps...

:spin2::stupid:

But yeah, Get some giveaways ready... but either way:

MARTINI RED, this SATURDAY, APRIL 24, If you are on SI, come on by...

Some sweat ass beats, free treats and booze as cheap as an alcholics wet dream...

party info:

This Saturday at Martini Red

FREE PARTY - APRIL 24TH 2004

TheIndustrialRanch.com & Downshiftradio.com

present:

-9 Degrees North-

DJ's:

Parish (theindustrialranch.com)

Omar H (Downshiftradio.com)

Martini Red is located on

372 Van Duzer Street

S.I. N.Y.