Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mutek: June 2nd till June 6th: Who is IN

djdekan

This is going to be NUTZ... I know Stef and I are going gonna book a flight real soon and room. We know our way around montreal (After a few though)......

Plastikman Live performance (First in 9 years) WOW

www.mutek.ca

From June 2nd to the 6th Montreal will transform into the quintessential electronic music immersive experience. With over 60 artists from close to a dozen countries, MUTEK returns for its 5th anniversary bearing something for everyone. Given the eleven different showcases, panel discussions, workshops, and a bagful of surprises, audiences will be able to enjoy all permutations of contemporary electronic music from morning to night. And this year being a landmark birthday for the festival, a handful of our past discoveries have returned to mark the occasion with some rare performances.

This year's highlights include:

* Plastikman's first live performance in over nine years

* Raster-Noton program

* Ricardo Villalobos rare North American appearance

* Schneider TM

* Burnt Friedman & Jaki Liebezeit of CAN, featuring Joseph Suchy

* Jamie Lidell

* Ilpo Väisänen of Pan Sonic

* Smith n Hack

* Junior Boys

* Richard Chartier & COH performing the world premiere of CHESSMACHINE

* Jason Forrest aka Donna Summer

* Isolée

* Krikor

* Portable

* Crackhaus

Herbert DJ set

* and many more

Events will take place at Ex-Centris, the festival's home for the last five years, as well as SAT and Metropolis.

As a means of refurbishing the community, this year's festival will put more emphasis on the technological side of music with a new series of workshops showcasing the latest developments in software design available to electronic artists.

MUTEK_INTERSECTION, the panel discussion series, also returns as a forum to articulate MUTEK's core argument and questions through the lens of debate - offered in collaboration with The Association for Electronic Music.

And The BEST Part get to Check out Aria with My Fav DJ Preach and Mateo Murphy....

And Sona with my lovely water foutains.... lol