zlatang

NYC rules over Philly  

9 members have voted

1. 1. NYC rules over Philly

• absolutely
    • without doubt
    • it's a little better
    • i never went to NYC -- Philly is better

Granted ...NYC has a larger population of people...However Philly does ok with nightlife. I went to NYC two weeks ago for the nightlife..and it was not much different than Philly. The difference was overpriced Martinis, cover(thanks to this site I didnt have to pay), and more meat heads. But I do think Philly needs more clubs, but at least you can have a cocktail and smoke your nicotine and not have to worry about getting kicked out..:)

Originally posted by 1914aephigal80

Granted ...NYC has a larger population of people...However Philly does ok with nightlife. I went to NYC two weeks ago for the nightlife..and it was not much different than Philly. The difference was overpriced Martinis, cover(thanks to this site I didnt have to pay), and more meat heads. But I do think Philly needs more clubs, but at least you can have a cocktail and smoke your nicotine and not have to worry about getting kicked out..:)

that was quite generous...but what about getting kicked out of clubs in philly @ insane hours like 2am? ppl go out then in normal cities...and also what about the "afterhours" that end at 3.30? one pays an admittion that can go up to 20$ (higher than in roxy!!!!) to stay only for 1 hr???? that is insane for me. nyc is cheaper (not in the bad way) and better ... + it doesn't have the bad attitude philly and boston share.

just my opinion...sure many will disagree :rolleyes:

Philadelphia is the corniest wanna be city in the northeast. It has no identity and just tries to unsuccessfully emulate other cities. I lived there for three years and currently live near it and i will never go out there due to the fact that i am also close to NYC. Phila. is cool for teeny boppers but for "real" people trying to have a truly good time and not be fake player at 32 degrees or denim etc. take the trip up the turnpike.

Originally posted by shaka610

Philadelphia is the corniest wanna be city in the northeast. It has no identity and just tries to unsuccessfully emulate other cities. I lived there for three years and currently live near it and i will never go out there due to the fact that i am also close to NYC. Phila. is cool for teeny boppers but for "real" people trying to have a truly good time and not be fake player at 32 degrees or denim etc. take the trip up the turnpike.

couldn't agree more

then try finding your "music" in philadelphia.... call me if u do...i call in the music mixed with the culture... and trust me there is neither in philly.. but the one thing i will give them... they are passionate about their sports teams..

Originally posted by shaka610

then try finding your "music" in philadelphia.... call me if u do...i call in the music mixed with the culture... and trust me there is neither in philly.. but the one thing i will give them... they are passionate about their sports teams..

you are so right about that..but nyc is so close from philly so it's not a prob. also for this guy who likes philly so much -- please come and visit and be thrown out of a club at 2 am....