Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CENTRO-FLY SOLD!! Closing night funeral w/ FATBOYslim

Originally posted by hellomyname-is

Who, or when, or why it was sold means nothing until Sunday morning, when the Funeral is over. Right now is time to show respect to the five years of hard work that Tom, Dave, their wives, and everybody else who shared their effort into making Centro-Fly an international name for dance music. There are few places that can claim they were the forunners of a new era in dance and also the same to see that era start to come to a close. Centro-Fly consistently gave New York the best the world had to offer in dance music. They went out on a limb five years ago with how they did things, and it has helped set the tone for how big DJ culture has gotten now. That address, 45 W21st street, has been a landmark of the New York Music scene for a long time from Tramps to Centro-Fly. Its only right and even less to ask of night life to just focuses all its attention on the end of this era. Tomorrow is tommorrow, next week is next week. Saturday night is the last time Centro-fly will open its doors and while we are having fun we should be doing it there.

I didn't know Tramps used to be there :eek:

good words, man. I loved the place, had lots of good times there.

look 4 the crazy blonde guy dancing up a storm ;)

Who, or when, or why it was sold means nothing until Sunday morning, when the Funeral is over. Right now is time to show respect to the five years of hard work that Tom, Dave, their wives, and everybody else who shared their effort into making Centro-Fly an international name for dance music. There are few places that can claim they were the forunners of a new era in dance and also the same to see that era start to come to a close. Centro-Fly consistently gave New York the best the world had to offer in dance music. They went out on a limb five years ago with how they did things, and it has helped set the tone for how big DJ culture has gotten now. That address, 45 W21st street, has been a landmark of the New York Music scene for a long time from Tramps to Centro-Fly. Its only right, and even less to ask of night life to just focus all its attention on the end of this era. Tomorrow is tommorrow, next week is next week. Saturday night is the last time Centro-fly will open its doors and while we are having fun we should be doing it there.

werd

Damn Im gonna miss that place, I have such an amazing amount of memories from Centro... I was there religiously at Subliminal every thursday for a year and a half....then a few months after that ended I took over Thursdays and worked there for over a year...

I wouldnt miss tonight for the world, everybody should definitely come and give this club a proper farewell. No excuses.

Tom, Dave, Harold, Duke...the whole staff at Centro is top notch and have done amazing things for this city and its scene....thanks guys :)

see ya tonightttttt

Up to date, It has definitely been the most fortunate and fun experience I've had in life.

wow...

honestly, i knew this day was coming for a while...but i just didn't want to believe it...

Unfortunately, i am deathly ill, and will be unable to pay my respects to a place that i actually referred to as my "second home"

From the owners down to the security guards, yeah and even the manager ;) (btw, i do have a bone to pick w/ u, haha..ur lucky i am sick, b/c i am a little disappointed i wasn't called to work or at least be informed of this event) became not only partime coworkers, but friends and associates.

I think aztec and hellomyname-is really summed it up...regardless of ur lasting impression of centro, it was a place and a name to be reckoned w/ and was respected not only in NY, but thru out the world....

Centro was more than just a place, it was a feeling..........

NY has seen super clubs come and go, and now i can truly understand the connection and the loss that certain people have felt for certain clubs...for me w/ centro, the music, the staff, gone..a piece of ny will be missing.........

THANKS for all the good memories, and giving me a "second home"

CHRIS