Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chris Rock vs. Dave Chapelle

i think comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges, they go for a dif type of humor. rock does a lot of political and current events type stuff, and chappelle, who i love btw, just goes for the stupid funny shit that just makes you laugh your ass off. who would have thought that doing YEAHHH over and over again would be funny, but everytime i see him on tv doing that shit i start laughing my ass off.

Rock's early material was less political. When Chris had his show on HBO, it was funny as shit, and it was cool because he actually got the chance to do some no-holds-barred interviews with some interesting people. Rock's show was definitely hilarious, but Chapelle's is a little better. Chapelle's and his writing team are just brilliant, and they come up with some tear jerking stuff.

As far as stand up goes, however, Chris is definitely the better of the two.

one more thing i gotta give dave though is just the way that he talks and carries himself. just the way that he says shit makes things that wouldn't even be funny totally hilarious. i still listen to his hbo special from years back and it still cracks me up. hey baby, it's 3 o'clock in the morning, what the fuck you doing up? haha

Chappelle by far....

Chris Rock had one funny stand up and everyone declared him the king of comedy (or something). I've yet to see Chappelle be "not" funny. I've been following chappelle for years, and hes just starting to blow up now. Hes been funny since the early 90's..

Chris Rock has also put out one bad movie after the other. Chris Rock show wasn't really any good either to begin with.,

Guest gabo
Originally posted by lollie60

who saw the Chris ROck HBO special last night ?

Chris Rock used to be funny but he gets too political + intellectual ..

So I say Dave Chapelle wins ! More kakaduki stinky dinky jokes !

:laugh:

I was never crazy about chris rock