Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Props: Murk article in Loft Mag (April issue)

biznation00

If you get a chance.. it's a must that you go pick up an issue of this month's Loft Magazine at a local newstand anywhere in Sobe or across Miami. This issue might as well be titled the dj issue, being that it incorporates soo much of the dance industry's biggest talents, upcoming & breakthru djs. Two of the industry's best (Murk) represent our Mia. in damn good dance fashion! I had to type this article myself off the mag onto this post cuz I couldn't find it anywhere on the net. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Oh & BIGGEST PROPS TO Oscar & Ralph! ;)

See article b-low:

Murk is made up of Miami Djs Oscar G (for Gaetan) & Ralph Falcon. It’s been over a decade since this pair of Cuban American 30-somethings first holed up in a Hialeah studio to record house music with a trunk-load of cumbersome analog equipment. Since then, they’ve logged a score of hit tribal dance tracks – including the anthem “Dark Beat†– under a variety of quasi-cosmic monikers. Name-calling: At times they’re the Funky Green Dogs, on other recordings they stamp themselves the Coral Way Chiefs, after a local school mascot. “At first the names were a way of trying to fool people into thinking there were a lot of artists coming out of our home studio,†admits Oscar. Falcon nods in agreement, a lazy smile spreading on his face. Other times the name-play poked fun at the absurdly lofty titles some obviously amateur Djs use. The array of recording titles, including Dynamo Electrix, El Guajiro, Interceptor and Intruder, reveals the humor that has cemented the pair’s nearly life-long professional relationship. Headphones: Perhaps no other internationally recognized DJ/producers will be as likely to count Cuban folklorist musicians Los Muñequitos de Matanzas among their top sources of inspiration. It’s the first group Oscar mentions when asked what he’s been listening to. Props: Last month Murk stunned themselves and their fans by taking home the prize for Best Producer at the DanceStar USA music awards show at Bayfront Park. The pair subsequently took over the turntables at Mynt for an afterparty with no apparent end in sight, until police politely reminded revelers that it was time to go home.

Credits:

Article written by Victor Cruz & Celeste Delgado

Music Consultants: Ben Turner & Diego Martinelli from Graphite Media

Other articles featured in this issue include: Roger Sanchez, Sander K, Satoshi Tomiie, Danny Howells, Pete Tong, Hernan Cattaneo, Steve Lawler.

Breakout Djs article mentions: K-Swing, Demi, Behrouz, Gabriel & Dresden

Loft Magazine April 2004 issue

:)