Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Filter 14

Hey everyone, I just joined (I live in LA). I'm heading to NYC on Thursday for the weekend, and wanted to get some advice on clubs I should check out.

What are everyone's thoughts on Filter 14? Hector Romero is spinning there on Friday, but there's a TON going on Friday. I'm mainly just looking for the best vibe...definitely don't need the biggest or most popular. Also what do you recommend for Saturday night? Fatboy Slim is apparently at Centro-Fly...how is that place?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

hoenstly speaking hector romero and filter 14 are a lovely combination. I love that club and hector. If it wasnt for dannys closing party on fri i would be there as well. FILTER 14 is an awesome place have fun. I caught hector earlier this month at filter and this is part 2 with more enrgy. Damn i wish dannys party wasnt ending or i would be there.

Originally posted by mbmaverick

Is there any way to realistically check out both Filter 14 and Avalon? Also, what time do you usually need to get to these places by...I know NYC is way different than LA.

Any thoughts on Centro-Fly?

Sounds like I can't go wrong!

since they are both closing...

I'd hit up centro than break to Arc for afterhours (around 4am)..go two both since both are closing..

but the Filter party is also a gem..place is small..but strictly for the music..but Hector plays there a lot

thast right tedd patterson is a must hear dj, ive head him everychance i get. Last week at cielo was the firstone on te dancefloor and the last one to leave he club lol. HES THAT GOOD. Hector plays once a month at filter so you decide. But defintley keep ARC in mind.

Guest djeffect

laurent garnier , besides danny, has to be 1 of the best dj's i've

heard and he has great skills, got to check him out. if he is still playing as good. this guy will blow your mind, he 's definitely in the tenaglia league of dj's, caught him once in Miami and Europe

he's got to be 1 of the most underrated dj's out there.

you'd be silly to choose any of these parties over Farina. First, I believe you said you weren't looking for house music. So off the bat, we've all given you events with house djs. Tenaglia at Arc is harder, Hector is, well, Hector, and Farina is just straight butter. Check MarkFarina.net for info, beats, etc. Part of the Playstation 2 tour with Donal Glaude. Plus, Avalon has separate rooms which will play Hip hop RnB abstract etc. Can't go wrong mang! Oh, and did I mention that Farina kills it. I mean he really kills it! And he ain't afraid to throw in other genres, not just house! Peace:)